• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    I’ve emailed her twice and have gotten no response. Not impressed with her...

Busy time for them and their staff right now. You may eventually hear from her. Angela Paxton finally sent me a reply after the first time I contacted her but it took two or three weeks. Could just be my imagination but another trend I think I've noticed is, if they'll be supporting your position, you're more likely to hear back. And conversely, if they don't plan on supporting your position, you're more likely to not hear from them.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Texas Constitution:
    Sec. 23. RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS. Every citizen shall have the right to keep and bear arms in the lawful defense of himself or the State; but the Legislature shall have power, by law, to regulate the wearing of arms, with a view to prevent crime.
    So a Constitution Committee is just a stall! There is NO problem with Texas Constitution.
    SCOTUS case is about NY and LTC which the 'state' says is good while hunting only. No impact on Texas. So now we know who the 'bad guy' is, forming a useless and un-necessary committee. 3 days before can vote plus time for 'hearings' by the committee.

" Bishop Gregory Kelly of the Catholic Diocese of Dallas, one of several faith leaders to speak at a press conference Wednesday sponsored by the Network of Texas IAF Organizations. “My dad was a gun owner, he taught me how to shoot a gun when I was a kid ... I don’t see how not having that in place makes us safer.”

Irrelevant. The Texas IAF Network, a consortium of grass-roots organizations, was started in 1974 by organizers from the Industrial Areas Foundation, which grew out of the organizing work of Saul Alinsky of Chicago in 1943. IAF organizes and develops local leadership in politics
    Enough said?
    Speaking of politics, nobody named Jones or Smith here.

Last edited:

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    GOA (Rachel Malone) just sent this email out:

Constitutional Carry, HB 1927, is set for a Senate hearing this Thursday at 9 am. It is the only bill on the agenda. See hearing notice.

Lt. Governor Patrick set up a new special committee just for Constitutional Carry. A majority of committee members have already committed to supporting the issue.

This is huge news because the Senate has NEVER heard Constitutional carry before! We would not be here without our members sending emails, making phone calls, and showing up to committee hearings for the past several months!
    —-

Never say never.
    A few days back, Lt. Governor Patrick said he didn’t think there were enough votes in the Senate for this to pass (implying he wasn’t going to expend effort trying to get this onto the Senate floor). Something changed his mind. My suspicion is, his aides finally informed him of the emails and phone calls his office had received. But even more importantly, I suspect he started hearing from other Senators how their email and phone lines have been lit up! And I’m proud to see Senator Paxton’s name on the list of HB 1927 cosponsors.

If anyone close to Austin can make their voice heard this Thursday, please contact Rachel Malone to help get you scheduled to comment in person (limited to two minutes). It’s looking a lot more positive for Texas to join the twenty-one other states that have Constitutional Carry.

Last edited:

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    Here's hoping

1619494444885.png

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    ******* Example Only *******
    (Utilizing GOA’s ‘Take Action’ email form).

Honorable Angela Paxton,
    Governor Dan Patrick,

First, let me say, THANK YOU both for the immediate attention and support you’ve given HB 1927, Constitutional Carry. My family and I will remember this at election time. Thank you.

Please continue your work to advance Constitutional Carry and bring it to a full vote on the Senate floor. I would advocate passage of this measure without any amendments. By following guidance from Gun Owners Of America (GOA), you most certainly would not go wrong with your support of HB 1927. Please do not support any “poison pill” type amendments - the bill is well written, as is.

Most sincerely,

O.S.O.K.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Well, looks like it's making progress... from the Texas Tribune: https://www.texastribune.org/2021/04/29/texas-permitless-carry-handguns-legislature/

And for myself, my opinion on this is that the 2A clearly states "shall not be infringed" which is clear. Nothing that limits, obstructs, inhibits, etc. - and requiring a permit to carry is a limit, obstructs and inhibits. It's a clear violation of the Constitution.

If you disagree, then you disagree with the 2A. It really is as simple as that.

The way things are progressing in this country - the steady flow of rights violations, governmental abuses, local enabling of communist arsonists, thugs and thieves, even those that lean left in this country are seeing the wisdom of out Founding Fathers and the reason for the 2A. Thus, some 40 Million + new firearm owners over the last year - many of which are dimocraps. And they are not keen now on having their ability to defend themselves and their families taken away.

Interesting how things progress.... the Lord works in mysterious ways.

Top Bottom