• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • David S.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2021
    DFW
    I had one guy no-show an in person sale. I've had one guy (probably a scammer) who's check got lost in the USPS system. Every other transaction (probably a dozen) has been good.
    Guns International

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    Other than the two TGTs and Gunbroker, what other online choices are there that you have experience with?

I've bought stuff from sellers off sturmgewehr.com and subguns.com

Subguns is gone now but sturmgewehr is still around. There are still scammers so you gotta do your homework before sending them a wad of cash.

I bought an Uzi SMG from a subguns.com ad but that was about 15 years ago.

beswart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2013
    Palestine,TX
    Thinking of placing an add here can you tell me the good the bad and the ugly of this site? I've looked around a few times but never placed an add or bought anything.

Thank ya
    I've use them several times over the past years. No problem with any of the buyers. They do have a problem with scammers posting things for sale. Pretty easy to spot them though. They provide info on sellers, date joined plus there is a feature that displays locations of the computer that posted the ad.

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    I've use them several times over the past years. No problem with any of the buyers. They do have a problem with scammers posting things for sale. Pretty easy to spot them though. They provide info on sellers, date joined plus there is a feature that displays locations of the computer that posted the ad.
    I have placed 5 adds and sold one item. All other replies and texts were scammers. I tried to buy a couple firearms and all were scammers. Pretty much wasted time in my case.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Welcome to the Forum!

wakosama

Collapse now - Avoid the rush
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Spring
    Done a few deals on Guntrader. Don't remember getting scammed. A couple of cheapskates did try to talk me down in person. Always demanded a DL and CCW up front. Meet in public, etc.. TX Hunting Forum classifieds was always good.

ftw13

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Fort Worth
    It was decent before but has went downhill fast over the last two years with the massive influx of scammers and gun noobs. Everyone wants as much or more than it is new, plenty of $800 used stock Glocks etc. lots of flakes and most don’t even read the ads. Lots of mouth breathing Mormons, lol good luck.

Tarosean

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2016
    Everyone wants as much or more than it is new, plenty of $800 used stock Glocks etc.
    Prohibited people gladley pay the inflated prices.

While I have used it to sell a lot of guns many years ago. I have not even gone to the site in a few years as the scammer vs actual real people ratio wasn't worth view pages.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

While I have used it to sell a lot of guns many years ago. I have not even gone to the site in a few years as the scammer vs actual real people ratio wasn't worth view pages.
    Many new to guns will pay inflated prices because they just don't know any different. Very easy for some to take advantage of those less informed about guns and ammo.

Tarosean

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2016
    Many new to guns will pay inflated prices because they just don't know any different. Very easy for some to take advantage of those less informed about guns and ammo.
    Yes I am aware that some people pay MSRP + and try and get that on the used market. That said, it doesnt eliminate the "no questions asked" market.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Yes I am aware that some people pay MSRP + and try and get that on the used market. That said, it doesnt eliminate the "no questions asked" market.
    Never said it did, and I'm sure many prohibited persons buy firearms from private sellers, simply because money talks. I'm also fairly sure some sellers care very little as long as the money is green as well.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Hey, I need some help in understanding a potential scam on Tx Gun Trader. Guy contacts me and says he wants to buy a pistol, asks a couple of questions about the condition, then says he is an FFL (in Florida) and wants the pistol shipped to him (from my local FFL), after I get paid "of course".

My scam radar is going off big time - something's not quite right - but on the surface it seems to be legit. What's the scam?

glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    Hey, I need some help in understanding a potential scam on Tx Gun Trader. Guy contacts me and says he wants to buy a pistol, asks a couple of questions about the condition, then says he is an FFL (in Florida) and wants the pistol shipped to him (from my local FFL), after I get paid "of course".

My scam radar is going off big time - something's not quite right - but on the surface it seems to be legit. What's the scam?
    How is he proposing to pay you?

Tarosean

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2016

Without being privy to more information.
    Is it a rare hard to find gun? Why would an FFL from FL want what you're selling?

Typically the scam is It could be fake check Money/Order/etc. You deposit it then send them the gun.. It bounces a while later. You have no money or gun now. Another is disputing Vemo, Zelle, PP charges.. All of which dont like gun purchases so your already one leg tied behind your back.

seacam

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 22, 2012
    Austin
    Really have to weed thru the scams over there. Recently had a guy offer tomeet me and even sent me a copy of an ffl that didn’t match what he was selling me. Be careful.

ftw13

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Fort Worth

Yeah I kind of figured they were trying to sell to felons or just listing it so high it wouldn’t sell so they could tell their wives they tried. I think many noobs just overpaid panic buying and are now trying to recoup funds. I’ve been on there since 2009 and only had two no shows in all that time. Fast forward to this year and I’ve had two in the last month, I don’t think a lot of guys on there can actually afford the guns. My sneaking suspicion is they’ll say they want it and set a time all the while trying to sell something to get the funds. When it falls through they don’t have the balls to tell you.

Top Bottom