• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexasTJ

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2023
    Fort Worth
    You can put it up for sale here, but follow Forum rules...

Yea the rules won’t be an issue. It’ll just take me a minute to hit the 25 post minimum. I’m not new to forums in general, so that’s a fairly common rule.
    Target Sports

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    Yea the rules won’t be an issue. It’ll just take me a minute to hit the 25 post minimum. I’m not new to forums in general, so that’s a fairly common rule.
    How about an intro, and a few thoughtful posts.

I see your intro now, good start.

Last edited:

TexasTJ

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2023
    Fort Worth
    Ya, that might not end the way you think it will.

Welcome.

How about an intro, and a few thoughtful posts.

I see your intro now, good start.

By “a minute” I didn’t mean lickety split, I meant a while. I’ve been on one of the AR forums for over 7 years, just found this Texas forum this week and decided to sign up.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I sold a G43 a few years ago......regretted it ever since.....

Don't sell it....

PGB777

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2023
    Cedar Hill
    Anyone noticing an uptick in scammers on Texas Gun Trader? In the past month, I've had atleast a half dozen contact me on my For Sale ads, ALL of them having the almost exact same e-mails and all of them originating from Melbourne Florida:

<<Hi, I apologize for my late response to your mail. I want you to brief me about the following as regards the firearm.
    (1) what is the condition ?
    (2) Does it have any faults or defects whatsoever ?
    I'm in Melbourne, Florida.I have a Federal Firearms License (FFL) to receive the firearm for me if you are willing to ship it once you receive your payment.If yes,what's your shipping cost to Florida? Or I can arrange for a local dealer in your area where you can drop it off and they will do what is necessary for me to receive the firearm at my FFL address without your concern... Please note that the shipping will take place once you receive your payment....>>

considering I specifically state that I will not ship and only do local, face to face sales, cash only, I find it comical that these morons contact me. I also like throwing it back in their faces and telling them where to go and how to get there. Texas Gun Trader is pretty much useless when it comes to these scammers, have tried reporting them, but I never hear back from them. Some of the names of the scammers -

Brad Johnson aka Brandon - Brandon02
    Lisacoma02
    Charles9080
    Wow, that's crazy, be careful.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Wow, that's crazy, be careful.
    Necromancer Batman.jpeg

glens

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2020
    kingsland tx. 78639
    Have a Romanian PSL 7.62x54R posted over there and amazed at the BS you encounter trying to sell something. Have a Scammer wanting to buy it with a Russian M44 and it's a hoot playing with them.

Attachments

• Psl group.jpg
      Psl group.jpg
      311.1 KB · Views: 46
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2022
    Houston
    Guess I'm the retard of the year, I got scammed out of $1,000 on texasguntrader this month. I called on a different phone and confirmed he's a real guy out in El Paso. He's still got his alleged rifle listed under another profile, as pictured, but the phone number is the same. Fell for shit like a child, hard lessons learned, life goes on.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231216-173336_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20231216-173336_Chrome.jpg
      144 KB · Views: 42
    Last edited:

GreatMrPoo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2017
    San Antonio, Ft. Sam Area
    Guess I'm the retard of the year, I got scammed out of $1,000 on texasguntrader this month. I called on a different phone and confirmed he's a real guy out in El Paso. He's still got his alleged rifle listed under another profile, as pictured, but the phone number is the same. Fell for shit like a child, hard lessons learned, life goes on.
    Why would you ever send money without any buyer protection?

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Not to rub it in as you've learned, but for the edification of others so they know what to look for.

Texas Gun Talk Scammers:
    - Anyone with a member date within a weeks*

- Anyone with several desirable guns at below market prices

- Anyone who's wanting money before you have hands on the goods

- Anyone who wants the goods shipped to anywhere but an FFL

- Anyone who tries to pay or wants to be paid with something other than cash or trade (i.e. with EFT or check)

- Anything that just seems odd

Start with the assumption they are a scammer, then rule things out, but these are my hard-pass/no-deal rules.

Another warning sign is no city selected, this adds to the fishy, but isnt hard-pass.

*I would violate this one, but have yet to see one that wasn't a scammer.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2022
    Houston
    Not to rub it in as you've learned, but for the edification of others so they know what to look for.

Texas Gun Talk Scammers:
    - Anyone with a member date within a weeks*

- Anyone with several desirable guns at below market prices

- Anyone who's wanting money before you have hands on the goods

- Anyone who wants the goods shipped to anywhere but an FFL

- Anyone who tries to pay or wants to be paid with something other than cash or trade (i.e. with EFT or check)

- Anything that just seems odd

Start with the assumption they are a scammer, then rule things out, but these are my hard-pass/no-deal rules.

Another warning sign is no city selected, this adds to the fishy, but isnt hard-pass.

*I would violate this one, but have yet to see one that wasn't a scammer.

Nah I understand. I'll add the things that caused me to fall into the trap completely was he:
    Wanted to meet FTF to sell the gun as fast as possible
    Was cool with shipping to an FFL, or wanted a bill of sale signed if private
    Sent several photos of a license to verify identity
    Answered his phone with "This is [name on license]" when I called from another phone

Even with a few green flags it could still be a piece of shit. At least I know where the guy lives and he's likely as huge an idiot as me.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Nah I understand. I'll add the things that caused me to fall into the trap completely was he:
    Wanted to meet FTF to sell the gun as fast as possible
    Was cool with shipping to an FFL, or wanted a bill of sale signed if private
    Sent several photos of a license to verify identity
    Answered his phone with "This is [name on license]" when I called from another phone

Even with a few green flags it could still be a piece of shit. At least I know where the guy lives and he's likely as huge an idiot as me.
    Had one scammer text a pic of a buddies ID that had been stolen... even seeing a pic isnt conformation unless you can see the persons face too/at the same time.

Top Bottom