• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jrufolo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2019
    Addison, Texas
    Anyone noticing an uptick in scammers on Texas Gun Trader? In the past month, I've had atleast a half dozen contact me on my For Sale ads, ALL of them having the almost exact same e-mails and all of them originating from Melbourne Florida:

<<Hi, I apologize for my late response to your mail. I want you to brief me about the following as regards the firearm.
    (1) what is the condition ?
    (2) Does it have any faults or defects whatsoever ?
    I'm in Melbourne, Florida.I have a Federal Firearms License (FFL) to receive the firearm for me if you are willing to ship it once you receive your payment.If yes,what's your shipping cost to Florida? Or I can arrange for a local dealer in your area where you can drop it off and they will do what is necessary for me to receive the firearm at my FFL address without your concern... Please note that the shipping will take place once you receive your payment....>>

considering I specifically state that I will not ship and only do local, face to face sales, cash only, I find it comical that these morons contact me. I also like throwing it back in their faces and telling them where to go and how to get there. Texas Gun Trader is pretty much useless when it comes to these scammers, have tried reporting them, but I never hear back from them. Some of the names of the scammers -

Brad Johnson aka Brandon - Brandon02
    Lisacoma02
    Charles9080

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Multiple threads on this, here's one...

Jrufolo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2019
    Addison, Texas
    That really looks like English as a second language - feels like the diction of one of those India based scammers trying to sell me Norton support refunds.
    The funny thing is that they ALL seem to use the exact same "scam" template in their e-mails, their initial contact e-mails or messages are a bit more "normal", they come of as being congenial.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Nothing new here

this-pointing-up.gif

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Inquired for 8 different M1As and all were scammers so far. Two wanting money up front. One says he lives in Houston but the gun is in El Paso. Another wants $100 before the meet up. The others only have one picture of said firearm.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Almost every advertisement in my area is a scam by Tottedtrig. Doesn't do any good to report. Still some non scammers out there.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    There's always been a lot of scanners on TGT. They are pretty easy to spot. I know most people get annoyed by then but I enjoy wasting their time. It's a fun game for me.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Darqhelmet

You had one job, one.
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2018
    Kaufman County
    Anyone noticing an uptick in scammers on Texas Gun Trader? In the past month, I've had atleast a half dozen contact me on my For Sale ads, ALL of them having the almost exact same e-mails and all of them originating from Melbourne Florida:

<<Hi, I apologize for my late response to your mail. I want you to brief me about the following as regards the firearm.
    (1) what is the condition ?
    (2) Does it have any faults or defects whatsoever ?
    I'm in Melbourne, Florida.I have a Federal Firearms License (FFL) to receive the firearm for me if you are willing to ship it once you receive your payment.If yes,what's your shipping cost to Florida? Or I can arrange for a local dealer in your area where you can drop it off and they will do what is necessary for me to receive the firearm at my FFL address without your concern... Please note that the shipping will take place once you receive your payment....>>

considering I specifically state that I will not ship and only do local, face to face sales, cash only, I find it comical that these morons contact me. I also like throwing it back in their faces and telling them where to go and how to get there. Texas Gun Trader is pretty much useless when it comes to these scammers, have tried reporting them, but I never hear back from them. Some of the names of the scammers -

Brad Johnson aka Brandon - Brandon02
    Lisacoma02
    Charles9080
    I have gotten that Exact email multiple times over the past three weeks.

GreatMrPoo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2017
    San Antonio, Ft. Sam Area
    The douche that posts a "warning" ad on every page annoys me greater.
    God foreign you send him a PM asking him to chill out every 5 mins. He will call you a fuckhead and call you a scammer too.

Most recent one was a guy trying to pull a switch on me, trading for an aug and brought an MSAR. I would give the benefit of the doubt minus the fact he runs a firearm shop.

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    One of my favorites was a Beretta 1911 in 7mm Mag. They only wanted $400 but they could not bring it to the meeting so I would have to pay them and they would bring it to me later. Of course, they could not provide pictures either.

Saguy46

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 28, 2021
    San Antonio
    I've sold quite a few guns on TGT and only had two issues. One SOB never showed and the other who only had X dollars once we were FTF. I guess he thought, since he was there, I would accept it and move on. I have had a couple people PM me asking if I would ship, but I didn't seriously consider those in the first place. Of course, now that I'm a paying member and have 25 posts, I'll list everything here.

Top Bottom