• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • caddy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2023
    Houston
    I've sold quite a few guns on TGT and only had two issues. One SOB never showed and the other who only had X dollars once we were FTF. I guess he thought, since he was there, I would accept it and move on. I have had a couple people PM me asking if I would ship, but I didn't seriously consider those in the first place. Of course, now that I'm a paying member and have 25 posts, I'll list everything here.
    I have had good results with TBH forum.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I stuck my neck out for a deal on the other TGT. Guy had H4350, AA4064, N133 and MR2000 all way under current market prices. He wanted to talk, offered his home address, email, etc. He had a shooting buddy that had passed away and his son was liquidating reloading stuff. After a little poking around on the Internet he had a legit profile on linked in and his address checked out. Since it all passed the smell test I sent him almost 1k on PayPal.

Two weeks later I had a family member pick it up in Rockport. First time in a long time I was a bit nervous but now I'm glad I made the buy. If it wasn't for his insistence talking on the phone and offering his full name and address I probably would have shyd away from the deal. As it turned out, he was a solid guy offering a square deal. Might have got lucky on that one but it's not all doom and gloom out there.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Well my more recent tgt experience was not as pleasant as the last. Guy said he had powder to trade for some ammo I had. Mind you he said I've got that, I've got that when I said I was looking for LR primers, IMR 4064, rl17, rl19, H335, etc. So I make the hour drive and he basically had a bunch of 30 year old tins of powder, over half of them already open. I see a few things I'm interested in so he says put aside whatever you want and we can add it up.

I proceed to get some new Norma brass, old stock CCI LR primers and a few powders. He noticed it wasn't really adding up to the 1k$ of ammo I brought so he goes, oh I have bullets too. I start looking at a bunch of open box bullets, most looking like they hadn't been used in decades. He claimed to be a long time reloader but I don't think he was maybe 50 years old.

Anyhow I figured 30$/lb for the powder was fair and he did include 2k primers. When I opened them both boxes were 50 primers short. Lol. Luckily the fairly new production premium hunting ammo I was trading off I got for half it's current value. Overall it wasn't the worst deal in the world but to have driven an hour for what was probably an estate sale find was a huge deception.

I probably should have just turned around when I saw what he had but initially he has mentioned he was a local church pastor. When I mention the ammo value he pulls up a site with a case price that was just over half what I was asking. We all know it's another scam site since the 7mm WSM ammo I had had been out of production for at least two years.

Anyhow it's another buyer beware tale but the brass, primers and a few powders will complement my stores well. Here's a picture of some of the items...

Attachments

• IMG_20240104_211617663_HDR.jpg
      IMG_20240104_211617663_HDR.jpg
      267.3 KB · Views: 25

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    This is one I've been hit with at least 20-30 times. They send a fake check that looks real at first and even fools some banks and want you to ship it within 24hrs before it's discovered.

I have a friend that collects these checks after discovering this. If I had a PO box, I would do the same just to cause some problems and time spent for these idiots.

Txdweeb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2022
    Temple, Tx
    Always get the Florida ffl guy and a more recent one was someone wanted me to do a Background Check Record it’s 40$ on some random site “peopleinspector” dot com.
    I told him cash app me the money thought I almost had him.

El Coyote

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2024
    Spring, Texas
    Anyone noticing an uptick in scammers on Texas Gun Trader? In the past month, I've had atleast a half dozen contact me on my For Sale ads, ALL of them having the almost exact same e-mails and all of them originating from Melbourne Florida:

<<Hi, I apologize for my late response to your mail. I want you to brief me about the following as regards the firearm.
    (1) what is the condition ?
    (2) Does it have any faults or defects whatsoever ?
    I'm in Melbourne, Florida.I have a Federal Firearms License (FFL) to receive the firearm for me if you are willing to ship it once you receive your payment.If yes,what's your shipping cost to Florida? Or I can arrange for a local dealer in your area where you can drop it off and they will do what is necessary for me to receive the firearm at my FFL address without your concern... Please note that the shipping will take place once you receive your payment....>>

considering I specifically state that I will not ship and only do local, face to face sales, cash only, I find it comical that these morons contact me. I also like throwing it back in their faces and telling them where to go and how to get there. Texas Gun Trader is pretty much useless when it comes to these scammers, have tried reporting them, but I never hear back from them. Some of the names of the scammers -

Brad Johnson aka Brandon - Brandon02
    Lisacoma02
    Charles9080
    Hi and yes i know were you are coming from on that I had a couple of ads on TGT and the same guy contacted me about the firearms I had for sale. on TGT for one thing do not mess with any one outside of the state of Texas and try to respond to the ones that are close by and plus lately there are more scammers on TGT plus I have been a member since 09 now I can not get on I haver email them but know response back oh well now on this site

Buttermut

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2016
    Kingsbury
    Anyone noticing an uptick in scammers on Texas Gun Trader? In the past month, I've had atleast a half dozen contact me on my For Sale ads, ALL of them having the almost exact same e-mails and all of them originating from Melbourne Florida:

<<Hi, I apologize for my late response to your mail. I want you to brief me about the following as regards the firearm.
    (1) what is the condition ?
    (2) Does it have any faults or defects whatsoever ?
    I'm in Melbourne, Florida.I have a Federal Firearms License (FFL) to receive the firearm for me if you are willing to ship it once you receive your payment.If yes,what's your shipping cost to Florida? Or I can arrange for a local dealer in your area where you can drop it off and they will do what is necessary for me to receive the firearm at my FFL address without your concern... Please note that the shipping will take place once you receive your payment....>>

considering I specifically state that I will not ship and only do local, face to face sales, cash only, I find it comical that these morons contact me. I also like throwing it back in their faces and telling them where to go and how to get there. Texas Gun Trader is pretty much useless when it comes to these scammers, have tried reporting them, but I never hear back from them. Some of the names of the scammers -

Brad Johnson aka Brandon - Brandon02
    Lisacoma02
    Charles90

The funny thing is that they ALL seem to use the exact same "scam" template in their e-mails, their initial contact e-mails or messages are a bit more "normal", they come of as being congenial.
    I have always thought that. Like why use the exact 3 or 4 same lines ever time.
    I’m a truck driver currently in Florida…. Is this available still, email me at…

Buttermut

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2016
    Kingsbury
    If you can't handle TGT you shouldn't be on the internet. It isn't the best but it works with a little common sense. Any website will have these issues.

Justed learned when getting those spam emails from them I just forward it to the frad dept on TGT. My biggest grip about TGT is they don’t do nothing about it. You can flag ads and they don’t take them down.
    Send them the emails with the fraud and they don’t do nothing about it.
    Just wished they would show more effort in dealing with this stuff. That’s all I ask. Fraud been around since man, going to stay that away, but just wished they would deal with it faster.
    Yes, I know, if they deleted the profile or add, it’s just going to be reposted or another fake account will pop up in It's place.

Top Bottom