• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I've sold quite a few guns on TGT and only had two issues. One SOB never showed and the other who only had X dollars once we were FTF. I guess he thought, since he was there, I would accept it and move on. I have had a couple people PM me asking if I would ship, but I didn't seriously consider those in the first place. Of course, now that I'm a paying member and have 25 posts, I'll list everything here.
    Got any primers?

David S.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2021
    DFW
    What do these scammers expect to gain as buyers?

Do people actually ship a gun before a check fully clears?

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    What do these scammers expect to gain as buyers?

Do people actually ship a gun before a check fully clears?
    Scammers are looking for gullible people to con. Must be an issue, hence this thread and others related to the subject.

A couple or a few members have even been scammed on this forum as well. It happens.

Saguy46

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 28, 2021
    San Antonio
    I've sold quite a few guns on TGT and only had two issues. One SOB never showed and the other who only had X dollars once we were FTF. I guess he thought, since he was there, I would accept it and move on. I have had a couple people PM me asking if I would ship, but I didn't seriously consider those in the first place. Of course, now that I'm a paying member and have 25 posts, I'll list everything here.
    I have changed my mind on listing everything here. I have listed several guns here without any response except for a few likes. That's not meant to be a slam, it's just a fact. Once I posted them on GTG, I sold them within a week. I had one guy stand me up but everyone else has been great. The rule of thumb there: If it sounds like a possible scam, it probably is. Just don't be stupid and you'll be fine. Also, meet in a very public place.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I have changed my mind on listing everything here. I have listed several guns here without any response except for a few likes. That's not meant to be a slam, it's just a fact. Once I posted them on GTG, I sold them within a week. I had one guy stand me up but everyone else has been great. The rule of thumb there: If it sounds like a possible scam, it probably is. Just don't be stupid and you'll be fine. Also, meet in a very public place.
    This forum doesn't have the traffic other site do. Much smaller market here. This site is not designed to be used as a classifieds page. It's just a small feature of the forum.

wakosama

Collapse now - Avoid the rush
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Spring
    Have just tried contacting a TGT several times over the last 3 weeks with some stuff they requested WTB. no responses so I reported them as scam. sorry if it offended someone.

wakosama

Collapse now - Avoid the rush
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Spring
    as soon as I reported scam got a response via TGT, not email, but only a complaint. checked and I found I had replied to his specific ad 3 times and TGT had 0 responses listed, until scam report complaint. am I being paranoid or just too old for this?

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    Things on the internet are not the same as real life. I personally wouldn't respond to any WTB ads. I also stopped reporting anything as it doesn't seem to do much good there, or anywhere for that matter. I buy and sell there when the need arises and have had few issues. If you want to be the internet police you will have a hard time most anywhere you go. Initially being able to read and understand the ads and use some rational thought on the matter will suffice for the first step. If you are wanting for the web site to filter things for you then you won't fair well there. It takes some practice to read and just move on from anything that looks suspicious. It isn't unique to just TGT, it is everything on the internet needs to be personally evaluated before you do anything else. If your skills are low for this kind of thing then you will have issues at most any similar kind of site.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Quoting myself it looks like I rooted one out right here on this forum.

C60D4BFB-D366-444E-998F-E8CCCAEE7183.jpeg

ChrisTex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2022
    Austin
    I have sold on TGT over the years. I have never had a problem. Always meet face to face, never a problem. I have not sold here, just joined.

Today was the first time someone wouldn't reply after they said they were interested for ammo. No big deal. Just let them know I was moving on to the next person.

The crazy starts when you start shipping.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I have sold on TGS over the years. I have never had a problem. Always meet face to face, never a problem. I have not sold here, just joined.

Today was the first time someone wouldn't reply after they said they were interested for ammo. No big deal. Just let them know I was moving on to the next person.

Welcome to the Forum!

Saguy46

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 28, 2021
    San Antonio
    I have sold on TGT over the years. I have never had a problem. Always meet face to face, never a problem. I have not sold here, just joined.

I got two messages from supposedly interested buyers in the PX4 Storm I have listed. I responded right away but never heard from them again.. Other than that, I'm with you.

Top Bottom