• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    If you're having problems selling there are many buyers in Calidlfornia that pay up to twice the going rate. They simply have no choice these days. Any and all AR semi auto rifles are a no go unless you agree to Californicate them with a bullet button and a finned grip.
    Auto pistols are a 10 round max or no mag included.

There is probably more but it's all doable.
    Get paid and ship to their FFL. Charge for all of the work to get it there.
    www.calguns.net
    Target Sports

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    I personally wouldn't do a F to F, unless it was at a gun show, or with a min of half dozen buddies, or at a police department.
    meet up with someone I don't know, in a random parking lot somewhere?
    Screw that!
    Just such a meet like that happened 4 days ago here in San Antonio, and things didn't go well, The seller, and a buddy both ended up in the hospital in serious condition, due to bullet holes.

Steve In Texas

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2023
    Austin, Texas
    I personally wouldn't do a F to F, unless it was at a gun show, or with a min of half dozen buddies, or at a police department.
    We have had great results in the Buc-ee's Parking lot. Busy, we'll lit, and clean rest rooms for the waits. On FTFs of higher value or unknown counterparties, a quiet or less visible backup buddy in another car can be prudent.

The rules were the same with classifieds back in the newsprint days.

echo1

"A free people should be armed and disciplined"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    KALI
    The last scammer I got responded to a WTB with a crazy low price. As soon as I mention using an escrow account, like Guntab, went dark on the other end. PAX

HtownARAK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2022
    Houston
    I'm dealing with loads of scammers myself trying to sell a Garand and yugo m98 right now over there, one things I haven't seen anyone mention is that you can use an IP lookup to help with seeing if someone is a scammer. When you get a message on TGT their IP address is included at the bottom of the message you can take that and go to any ip lookup sight to get an idea where they connected from. I have had ip's from netherlands, germany, and even Pakistan message me. It isn't a 100% confirmation, but it might help if you ever have doubts. I use a VPN and have an out of state number on my TGT,so maybe i would be an exception to the rule. As I saw someone mention out of state numbers as being automatically scammers as well.

Bobk

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Seguin
    Screw that!
    Just such a meet like that happened 4 days ago here in San Antonio, and things didn't go well, The seller, and a buddy both ended up in the hospital in serious condition, due to bullet holes.
    Been working a lot and didn't hear what happened?

Iowashooter

Bitter Clinger
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2024
    Iowa
    I bought and sold a few guns (and other items) on another forum (it shall remain nameless) in which I participated robustly and enjoyed for 7 years— until the Canadian forum owners decided the term “Let’s Go Brandon“ was a form of swearing and censored it.

that‘s when I knew it was time to depart

now, when I do sell, I usually sell on GunBroker, but also post the items here on TGT in case someone is interested… and doesn’t want to pay sales tax (which is enforced in GunBroker)

I still buy, sell and trade FTF occasionally here in Iowa… but the two classified listing sites I was using, to see what is available and to post my own listings, are no longer options:

- Armslist is a no-go for me (it now requires a monthly subscription fee to even contact a seller) and
    - gunlistings.org is apparently shutdown (since late February) I image FJB and his corrupt ATF have something to do with it

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    Been working a lot and didn't hear what happened?
    At the Vitesco plant?

Anyway, the story where I fist seen it was on KSAT web site, but gone now.
    But you can just google 'San Antonio gun deal goes bad', or a variation of it, and still find the article.

Bobk

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Seguin
    At the Vitesco plant?

Anyway, the story where I fist seen it was on KSAT web site, but gone now.
    But you can just google 'San Antonio gun deal goes bad', or a variation of it, and still find the article.
    Nah been working in Pflugerville. Wow heck of a story.

Top Bottom