Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Our animals are family, sorry to hear.

RIP Bandit.
    Sorry for your loss Axxe

Sorry to hear brother, that's always tough. Three weeks ago we spent 6.5k to keep my DDR Shepherd from going under. She had a very serious case of pneumonia and she pulled through. She spent 5 days on O2 at the emergency dog clinic and I was already planning to dig a hole, this after I ran over her mom 5 months ago, my wife's dog.

I didn't see her in my lifted truck and she snuck under my tire.:( It's always a tough deal man with how loyal they are. Dogs never seem to let you down when man does just the opposite.

Sorry to hear that. But on the bright side he is chasing rabbits in the sky.

We put our last one down yesterday. Always hard but the right thing to do.
    Thank you guys. I appreciate the kind words. We had some good years here with him. He was always loyal to us, and a good companion.
    I usually love this thread.....
    I do too. But now Bandit is somewhat immortalized for eternity in the cyber world now.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Well today we lost Bandit. I think he was just getting old. Last three or four days he didn't even try to eat, and for the last few weeks he got to where he was eating less and less.

We had a great seven years with him being around. One of the best dogs ever.

jY1heJX.jpg
    Sorry to hear this. Been there twice in the last year.

Over the rainbow bridge.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Looks like the pooch is settling in.
    Still supper skittish! Still reluctant to take food any other dog would go nuts for. Cooking the dinosaur ribs yield some really nice boned with smoke & little membrane on them. He won't chew on them! Peanut butter on the heal of bread left untouched.

He aint stupid as I told the wife an egg every morning to fatten him up & help his coat. He waits until the wife feeds him some bacon every morning before the egg. He olds out to see if we have lunch & what for dinner before hitting his dog food.

He still sneaks around & hides out in the wife room when she's not home. He will play with her & looks forward to walks with her. I have to lease him up to put him outside, then he avoids coming in. Ideally he wants the patio door open & the back door open with me out of sight.

I can be trimming meat & it has togo in his dish. He takes very little food directly from me. I can offer him something & he will go around me rather then come. Certain times I can make eye contact & he speeds up getting out of there. Yet the wife said he was searching the house the other night after she walked him. I went & laid down & he looked around until he found me in my room He is scared of my bedroom. He will only come in the gun room if it's thundering outside and hides under the computer table if I'm on the desktop.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Been giving my dog raw goat milk for the coat. Was shocked how quickly it affected her appearance.

I just pour couple ounces on the dry food.

Top Bottom