• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ShotgunAg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2020
    Frisco
    I am a home based FFL in Frisco... Select Boxhead Enterprises as your FFL and pay $20 per transfer... Flexible hours and weekend pickups. Have a most Blessed day.
    Lynx Defense

ERDFW

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    Plano, TX
    I need some help looking for the service of a FFL. I’m looking for a FFL type 3 (collector of curios and relics) or a type 7 (manufacturer of firearms and ammunition) to receive a polymer 80 80% receivers for me.

80% receivers are NOT classified as firearms by the ATF but Nevada’s new law (where Polymer 80 is located) could not ship the 80% receiver unless the receiver was a type 3 or 7 FFL. My local FFL that I use is a type 1 (dealer in firearms) and could not help me with this.

Anyone with a type 3 or 7 could help me out here? I could pay for the service. I’m not sure if type 3 could legally accept payment, but I could make it worth your while with a beer/ammo as a show or gratitude.

I’m located in the north Dallas area if anyone could help with this. Thanks!

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    I need some help looking for the service of a FFL. I’m looking for a FFL type 3 (collector of curios and relics) or a type 7 (manufacturer of firearms and ammunition) to receive a polymer 80 80% receivers for me.

80% receivers are NOT classified as firearms by the ATF but Nevada’s new law (where Polymer 80 is located) could not ship the 80% receiver unless the receiver was a type 3 or 7 FFL. My local FFL that I use is a type 1 (dealer in firearms) and could not help me with this.

Anyone with a type 3 or 7 could help me out here? I could pay for the service. I’m not sure if type 3 could legally accept payment, but I could make it worth your while with a beer/ammo as a show or gratitude.

I’m located in the north Dallas area if anyone could help with this. Thanks!
    FFL03 (Collector of Curios and Relics) can have firearms 50 years or older, (relic) (or be on the ATF 'approved' list of firearms classified as 'curios') shipped directly to the FFL holder's address.

A modern firearm is 'neither'.

The idea of the 80% is that it is NOT a firearm and can be shipped by ANYONE to ANYONE by any means.

ERDFW

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    Plano, TX
    FFL03 (Collector of Curios and Relics) can have firearms 50 years or older, (relic) (or be on the ATF 'approved' list of firearms classified as 'curios') shipped directly to the FFL holder's address.

A modern firearm is 'neither'.

The idea of the 80% is that it is NOT a firearm and can be shipped by ANYONE to ANYONE by any means.

Try explaining this to the Polymer 80 folks. I also had my FFL (type 1) dealer call them to explain. Basically, Polymer 80 will only ship to FFL 3 or 7 dealers.

I’m not going to debate the validity of Polymer 80 reasoning nor the interpretation of Nevada firearm laws. The bottom line is I need a Type 3 or 7 FFL to received a 80% lower from Polymer 80.

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    They can ship it to a holder of the FFL03 but I would NOT log it into my 'bound-book' if they tried to justify sending it to me under that pretense.

Plano is about 50 or 60 miles from me but if you want to have it sent to me, you can pick it up in central Wise County. (between Boyd and Decatur)

They can get a copy of my FFL03 but it is not a legal/valid federal use of the license.

ERDFW

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    Plano, TX
    Polymer 80 only needs a copy of the FFL and ship to address. No one actually has to log anything as there are no serial numbers on a 80% receiver. I’m not even sure polymer 80 is a FFL as they don’t manufacture any firearms.

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    Try explaining this to the Polymer 80 folks. I also had my FFL (type 1) dealer call them to explain. Basically, Polymer 80 will only ship to FFL 3 or 7 dealers.

I’m not going to debate the validity of Polymer 80 reasoning nor the interpretation of Nevada firearm laws. The bottom line is I need a Type 3 or 7 FFL to received a 80% lower from Polymer 80.

I'd find another company to buy from. An 80% receiver isn't a firearm, just like an Air rifle or Muzzle loading firearm. They can be sent directly from the seller to the buyer's house. They are not regulated under BATFE rules.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Polymer 80 only needs a copy of the FFL and ship to address. No one actually has to log anything as there are no serial numbers on a 80% receiver. I’m not even sure polymer 80 is a FFL as they don’t manufacture any firearms.
    The whole point is it isn't ANYTHING until it is beyond 80%. Sub 80% it might was well be iron ore. What about a 79% or a 78% receiver? Ship it to a friend, then ship it to you. It is no more firearm than a raw billet.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    The whole point is it isn't ANYTHING until it is beyond 80%. Sub 80% it might was well be iron ore. What about a 79% or a 78% receiver? Ship it to a friend, then ship it to you. It is no more firearm than a raw billet.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk
    The problem is................It is their product and their rules!!
    It does not matter what is logic or law.

If I have a company that will ONLY ship to someome with a CLASS A CDL, then it is my way or you don't get my stuff shipped to you!!

It does NOT have to make sense to anyone but the maker of the rule!

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas

That is the problem...not Polymer 80's doing......

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom