Texas FFL Transfer List

ERDFW

Apr 24, 2018
Plano, TX
Polymer 80 only needs a copy of the FFL and ship to address. No one actually has to log anything as there are no serial numbers on a 80% receiver. I’m not even sure polymer 80 is a FFL as they don’t manufacture any firearms.

Txhillbilly

Aug 2, 2008
North Texas
Try explaining this to the Polymer 80 folks. I also had my FFL (type 1) dealer call them to explain. Basically, Polymer 80 will only ship to FFL 3 or 7 dealers.

I’m not going to debate the validity of Polymer 80 reasoning nor the interpretation of Nevada firearm laws. The bottom line is I need a Type 3 or 7 FFL to received a 80% lower from Polymer 80.

I'd find another company to buy from. An 80% receiver isn't a firearm, just like an Air rifle or Muzzle loading firearm. They can be sent directly from the seller to the buyer's house. They are not regulated under BATFE rules.

SURVIVOR619

Well-Known
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2017
US
Why not use another reseller @ERDFW?

cycleguy2300

Well-Known
Mar 19, 2010
Austin, Texas
Polymer 80 only needs a copy of the FFL and ship to address. No one actually has to log anything as there are no serial numbers on a 80% receiver. I’m not even sure polymer 80 is a FFL as they don’t manufacture any firearms.
The whole point is it isn't ANYTHING until it is beyond 80%. Sub 80% it might was well be iron ore. What about a 79% or a 78% receiver? Ship it to a friend, then ship it to you. It is no more firearm than a raw billet.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
Feb 13, 2015
Rural Wise County, TX.
The whole point is it isn't ANYTHING until it is beyond 80%. Sub 80% it might was well be iron ore. What about a 79% or a 78% receiver? Ship it to a friend, then ship it to you. It is no more firearm than a raw billet.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk
The problem is................It is their product and their rules!!
It does not matter what is logic or law.

If I have a company that will ONLY ship to someome with a CLASS A CDL, then it is my way or you don't get my stuff shipped to you!!

It does NOT have to make sense to anyone but the maker of the rule!

V-Tach

TGT Addict
Forum Sponsor
Sep 30, 2012
Texas
80% receivers are NOT classified as firearms by the ATF but Nevada’s new law (where Polymer 80 is located) could not ship the 80% receiver unless the receiver was a type 3 or 7 FFL. My local FFL that I use is a type 1 (dealer in firearms) and could not help me with this.

That is the problem...not Polymer 80's doing......

Top Bottom