• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ALCSTUDIOS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Irving Tx
    Went last night and did my first match with Texas combat shooters, had a lot of fun, got a couple of penalties but did fairly decent for my first time although I did get slide bit by trying to hurry and not gripping correctly. very fun match with challenging courses and lots of great people.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I've gone to some matches and am a member. Its kind of like IDPA but less rules and formality. Safety rules are still definitely observed, I'm talking about things like cover garments and cover, etc.

I've had a ton of fun out there. I just wish I could go more often.

BigBoss0311

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    I've signed up for that site (dfw shooters) twice in the last 6 months and have yet to be approved by a mod. Would be nice if they would get off their ass and approve me so I could log on.

Thank you for the link. Watched a few other videos, looks interesting. May have to join one of these when I get home.

Last edited:

BFThorp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Fort Worth
    For what it's worth, the site changed servers within the last six months- year and everyone had to reregister if I remember correctly.

Last edited:

BFThorp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Fort Worth
    There is a lot of shooting in the metroplex, like 5 days a week, if you count steel, IDPA and USPSA. All of the activity is pretty much represented there. Sorry you are having problems getting on.

ALCSTUDIOS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Irving Tx
    The last time I signed up was about a month ago. I've given up on dfw shooters. But I will be going to one the TCS matches when I get home.
    Hope to see you at a match soon, I almost completely forgot about D/FW shooters as I have signed up 2 different times with no luck at all either.. seems they target certain people kinda like the IRS

MatteR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    The last time I signed up was about a month ago. I've given up on dfw shooters. But I will be going to one the TCS matches when I get home.
    I signed up with about a month ago also, no approval. I've been shooting with CCIDPA.

BigBoss0311

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    I would like to see these posted on more sites. I know on M4C the local section for DFW is hurting bad for some shoots like this. I won't be home until late July but I will make the first one I can. Any courses of fire you can post? My 2 buddies were asking about this as well.

BFThorp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Fort Worth
    Another option is to always go to the source USPSA.org IDPA.com and "find" local clubs or matches. There is a match of some kind locally (DFW) 5 days a week, and 6 if somebody revives the Tuesday steel match.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    What are the match fees for these?

This is my recollection, but it should be accurate or real close.

You have to be a member for liability and insurance reasons. Yearly membership is $35. If you don't want to do a yearly membership I think there's a temporary membership for $10.

Its $25 per match to run it with a pistol or a carbine. You can run the match pistol and carbine both for $10 more ($35).

Last time I was out there you could also substitute one head shot for two body shots if you wanted to conserve ammo.

I'm not a serious competitor so I don't have a lot to compare to, but I thought it was a good deal. I get to work on my skills and have a lot of fun at the same time.

Top Bottom