• ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    When I renewed mine last spring I had about 4 months before my old one expired. After renewing online, I forgot about it and was surprised when it came in the mail about a month later.

Tex1961

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 12, 2020
    Plano, Texas
    I spoke with RSD (Regulatory Services Division) last week and was told that they are running about 2 to 3 weeks on getting licenses out... They are back up to full staff of around 30 or so people right now....

LaVbRef

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2018
    Seven Points
    I will be moving back to Texas in early 2021. Already have my North Carolina CHP but it's null and void once I move out of state. So I've applied for the Texas Non-resident LTC and will change my address when my move is final. Completed my online application on 11May20 and Covid limited classes that were compatible with my schedule. Finally got to do my fingerprints on 05Nov20, class on 07Nov20 and my documents were uploaded on 10Nov20.
    Now I'm waiting....waiting.....waiting.......for the screen of notification.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    I will be moving back to Texas in early 2021. Already have my North Carolina CHP but it's null and void once I move out of state. So I've applied for the Texas Non-resident LTC and will change my address when my move is final. Completed my online application on 11May20 and Covid limited classes that were compatible with my schedule. Finally got to do my fingerprints on 05Nov20, class on 07Nov20 and my documents were uploaded on 10Nov20.
    Now I'm waiting....waiting.....waiting.......for the screen of notification.
    Dude... It's only been 10 days since you completed all the requirements. Sit down, lean back, relax...

Jeep0516

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2020
    Texas
    Received!!
    ‘28’ days from the time all paperwork/prints in. Not bad considering the record number of applications this year. As usual, Texas always rocks!
    52989270-EFF0-40EA-945B-C63050CA4717.jpeg

Jeep0516

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2020
    Texas
    Once I got the status screen above (except my ‘fingerprints’ was in green), it was 12 days later that I received the license.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LaVbRef

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2018
    Seven Points
    Once I got the status screen above (except my ‘fingerprints’ was in green), it was 12 days later that I received the license.

I won't be surprised if I have to "redo" my fingerprints. The fingerprint tech would "force" acceptance with the software when she wasn't getting the response/results she wanted.

Last edited:

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Been 60 days since my last notification from DPS, so I dropped them an email earlier this week. Here is what I get when I do an online status check...

1606431165392.png

I provided a set of Texas State Guard orders on 22 Sep and was told they were accepted as proof of service ("Thank you for sending a copy of your supporting documentation. This will be moved forward to process with your application.") and after that, I have received nothing.

I did get an automated reply to my email stating to check my status online, but I'm past that point. I replied yesterday with the details and my application number asking for someone to tell me why I haven't received my LTC yet. I have until Feb 2021 before my current one expires, so I am in no rush; but this isn't exactly a simple process (and this is not my first renewal!)...

Jeep0516

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2020
    Texas
    It wouldn’t hurt to call them. Their hours are M-F 7am to 7pm. You’ll wait 10 min on hold but worth it. Mornings are best. They can look up your application from your DL# and let you know if everything is in. (I emailed them first but they just sent out a generic reply)
    512-424-7293

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Been 60 days since my last notification from DPS, so I dropped them an email earlier this week. Here is what I get when I do an online status check...

View attachment 235182

I provided a set of Texas State Guard orders on 22 Sep and was told they were accepted as proof of service ("Thank you for sending a copy of your supporting documentation. This will be moved forward to process with your application.") and after that, I have received nothing.

I did get an automated reply to my email stating to check my status online, but I'm past that point. I replied yesterday with the details and my application number asking for someone to tell me why I haven't received my LTC yet. I have until Feb 2021 before my current one expires, so I am in no rush; but this isn't exactly a simple process (and this is not my first renewal!)...
    Not saying that this is the same, but when I worked for the government I found out rather quickly that showing my DoD identification slowed things down rather quickly. For example: Before a passport was needed, going into Canada or coming back into the U.S. the two times I used my DoD I.D. got my vehicle and self inspected (had to fill out paperwork). Airports would put me on strip searches. I also found it odd that ex military, of which about 80% of the personnel employed at the naval shipyard were, took longer on average to get security clearances then those who were not ex military. Needless to say, although I had thought situations might be easier being a government official, I didn't find that the case.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Not saying that this is the same, but when I worked for the government I found out rather quickly that showing my DoD identification slowed things down rather quickly. For example: Before a passport was needed, going into Canada or coming back into the U.S. the two times I used my DoD I.D. got my vehicle and self inspected (had to fill out paperwork). Airports would put me on strip searches. I also found it odd that ex military, of which about 80% of the personnel employed at the naval shipyard were, took longer on average to get security clearances then those who were not ex military. Needless to say, although I had thought situations might be easier being a government official, I didn't find that the case.
    I have part of the answer for the security clearance question. When they left the military, their current security clearance was pulled on their ETS date, and they have to investigate why it was pulled.

Relevant story time - Before I got my CHL, I helped out my buddy that owned a gun in the evenings and on the weekend. When we bought guns there, we had to call in our own background checks, and I always got put on hold for “further review”. So one day after sitting on hold for almost 2 hours after we closed, when finally came back with the “proceed”, I explained to the lady that it was actually for me and asked why I always got sent for further review. She said when they pulled me up in the system it showed my security clearance had been revoked, and they had to verify why before I could proceed. She asked me to send in a copy of my DD214 and retired military ID which she put in my file and it didn’t happen for the next few months. Then I got my CHL so I don’t know if it would happen again’t now or not.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I have part of the answer for the security clearance question. When they left the military, their current security clearance was pulled on their ETS date, and they have to investigate why it was pulled.

Relevant story time - Before I got my CHL, I helped out my buddy that owned a gun in the evenings and on the weekend. When we bought guns there, we had to call in our own background checks, and I always got put on hold for “further review”. So one day after sitting on hold for almost 2 hours after we closed, when finally came back with the “proceed”, I explained to the lady that it was actually for me and asked why I always got sent for further review. She said when they pulled me up in the system it showed my security clearance had been revoked, and they had to verify why before I could proceed. She asked me to send in a copy of my DD214 and retired military ID which she put in my file and it didn’t happen for the next few months. Then I got my CHL so I don’t know if it would happen again’t now or not.
    If I remember rightly the average non military employee to receive a full FBI clearance was about 6 months, ex military average was about 9 months. Now one person told me that they had to get references from each commanding officer, but it was odd that many held secret and top secret clearances before leaving active duty, and this was for confidential.

Top Bottom