Texas CHL - Track the Status

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
Aug 27, 2009
San Antonio!
18 day turnaround? including usps mailing? I'm impressed.
Must be nice. Mine took six months and a week, so for one week I was unlicensed.

This was my third renewal, and one of their hang ups was needing my DD-214 to show I was a veteran despite the fact my previous license already had 'veteran' on it and I provided my DD-214 to get it.

And of course, the Texas State Guard being equally quick in getting me an ID card (over eight months) meaninf I didn't get the free renewal I should have.

Honestly, I believe had I not contacted DPS about it several times during the process, my renewal would have sat idle.

I know my situation was an anomaly, but it also should have never happened.

The only thing quick about it was how fast DPS deposited my check!

F350-6

TGT Addict
Lifetime Member
May 25, 2009
My renewal took exactly one month from doing it online and uploading another copy of my DD-214 to the day I received it in the mail.

New one almost looks black and white compared to the old one. And they used the picture from my DL instead of the one that was on my LTC.

Spcwolf

Apr 16, 2013
Conroe tx
My renewal took exactly one month from doing it online and uploading another copy of my DD-214 to the day I received it in the mail.

New one almost looks black and white compared to the old one. And they used the picture from my DL instead of the one that was on my LTC.
I need to find out how to upload, I am 99% sure I already gave them my dd214.
is there some way to know what they need?

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
Aug 27, 2009
San Antonio!
I need to find out how to upload, I am 99% sure I already gave them my dd214.
is there some way to know what they need?
Have you logged into the tracking website?

Note: "Once you have completed your application, you can upload required documentation at the RSD Contact Us page."

I believe it's the "Proof of Special Condition : Received" but that's no guarantee that they have it even if you've sent it in the past (as I found out the hard way!).

Spcwolf

Apr 16, 2013
Conroe tx
Have you logged into the tracking website?

Note: "Once you have completed your application, you can upload required documentation at the RSD Contact Us page."

I believe it's the "Proof of Special Condition : Received" but that's no guarantee that they have it even if you've sent it in the past (as I found out the hard way!).
Thanks. I will look into this tomorrow.

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Drockton Bullion

Forum statistics

Threads
Members