• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • veriest1

Do the thing.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2019
    C-Town
    Any recommendations? I've been buying from SNS but would like to find a local source if possible. I know about Bulletworks in Breckenridge but would like to hear about other options since their selection is somewhat limited.

There used to be a guy in Terrel, Rucker Bullet Company I believe, but I can't find anything about him that isn't dated 2006 so I assume he's out of business now.
    Target Sports

Chips n Salsa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2017
    Plano
    agree with MailMan, I am getting all my pistol bullets at Precision now. His shipping is crazy fast. He also started a YouTube series recently on reloading that has good tips.

veriest1

Do the thing.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2019
    C-Town
    Thanks for the link to precision. I'd seen their website but figured they'd cost more once shipping was added. But since shipping is "free" then it looks like a great deal even with the tax.

What do you guys think about the swaged bullets in a 9mm? I've shot a fair number of cast and powder coated bullets but, as I understand it, swaged are on average a little softer than cast bullets.

Based on that it looks like 147 grain bullets would definitely be the way to go if only to slow them down a little bit. I plink with 115 grain bullets usually because they're so cheap but I suspect 115 grain swaged bullets would lead a barrel up faster. I've been wanting to switch to 147 grain bullets exclusively for my 9mm so this may be as good a reason as any.

Chips n Salsa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2017
    Plano
    yes, I am running the Precision 147 gr flat point at 1.125 OAL (I believe that's about what he recommends in his series?). I like the slower powders, so I am doing 3.7 gr WSF or 3.9 gr CFE in a Glock 34 with a 13# recoil spring. Those loads are very accurate for me. I can't say anything bad about any of the Precision 9mm bullets.

rmantoo

Cranky old fart: Pull my finger
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo
    And his bullets run fine in a mr. bulletfeeder without clogging the dropper die.

Some powder coated bullets gum it up after a while.

veriest1

Do the thing.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2019
    C-Town
    Thanks guys. He also has a video on his site explaining the differences... mostly. I think he overstates things a bit in favor of his product.

That doesn’t make it a bad product though. I’ll be giving his 147 grain 9mm bullets a try over an almost minimum charge of Titegroup. That seems to be a fairly economical load.

veriest1

Do the thing.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2019
    C-Town
    I’m sure! Molten lead in the molten Texas summer doesn’t sound fun. Definitely a winter hobby around here.

Pistol Pete

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2010
    Texas
    Southwest Ammo in mesquite is owned by the Ruckers and I think they still sell cast bullets. Rucker bullets are very good. I've shot a bunch of their .45 200 SWC when I was shooting Bullseye. Also shot up 1000 225 TC a few years ago, they were accurate too.

veriest1

Do the thing.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2019
    C-Town
    Southwest Ammo in mesquite is owned by the Ruckers and I think they still sell cast bullets. Rucker bullets are very good. I've shot a bunch of their .45 200 SWC when I was shooting Bullseye. Also shot up 1000 225 TC a few years ago, they were accurate too.

I think I found their website but it’s a pain to navigate. Searching it for cast bullets brought up no results and all the 147 grain 9mm was plated or FMJ when I searched.

There warehouse and online shipping department is located in Terrel according to their website.

veriest1

Do the thing.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2019
    C-Town
    Unfortunately Bullet Works doesn't appear to have a 147 grain 9mm.

I ended up buying out of state because I got a better price from Blue Bullets with a discount code.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom