• ...and so much more!
  • V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Just went through the process to title and register a motorcycle I bought out of State with only a BOS. LOL, yes a BOS!....wasn't too bad a process and was less hassle than trying to get a hearing at the local tax assessor...the bond was $100.00 and expires in 3 years. If no other claims are made to the bike during the 3 years, I take bonded title back and they will issue a clear title. Biggest hassle is taking the vehicle to have the VIN verified by an LEO on the Texas State Auto Theft Task Force. Corpus PD does it on the first and third Tuesday every month. It cost $40.00, but the officer waived my fee for being a Vet. The first time a cop ever gave me anything other than a ticket. They verify the VIN and run it to see if it had been reported stolen.

I used a bonded title service ($175) and they handled all the paperwork and the bond then sent me everything to take to the tax assessor. I went this morning and the whole process took about 15 minutes and left with a tag and registration. It did raise some laughter when they saw the BOS was dated and notarized in 1994............the gal said...."you didn't waste any time getting it done, did you"

V-Tach

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Finally legally on the road....... 1976 Honda CB125S on St. Charles Bay...........

20230817_181507.jpg

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    Nice CB!
    I have a 1981 Honda CB400T Hawk sitting in my garage waiting for me to get the time to restore..

V-Tach

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Nice CB!
    I have a 1981 Honda CB400T Hawk sitting in my garage waiting for me to get the time to restore..

I found most most of the NOS parts are coming from Thailand, Singapore, Japan, Taiwan and Indonesia. NOS parts are out there but getting more $$$.... A parts manual with the part numbers was invaluable.

I also have a 2006 Yamaha Vino 50cc I restored. Liability for both bikes....$85.00/year total for both....

Now ready to start on two Honda 70 ATC 3 wheelers.......

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I used a service to get a bonded title a few years back. Pretty easy process and not too expensive.

If you know there isn't a lien on the vehicle it's a good way to go to get something legal.

mogobodo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2022
    Dallas
    Just went through the process to title and register a motorcycle I bought out of State with only a BOS. LOL, yes a BOS!....wasn't too bad a process and was less hassle than trying to get a hearing at the local tax assessor...the bond was $100.00 and expires in 3 years. If no other claims are made to the bike during the 3 years, I take bonded title back and they will issue a clear title. Biggest hassle is taking the vehicle to have the VIN verified by an LEO on the Texas State Auto Theft Task Force. Corpus PD does it on the first and third Tuesday every month. It cost $40.00, but the officer waived my fee for being a Vet. The first time a cop ever gave me anything other than a ticket. They verify the VIN and run it to see if it had been reported stolen.

I used a bonded title service ($175) and they handled all the paperwork and the bond then sent me everything to take to the tax assessor. I went this morning and the whole process took about 15 minutes and left with a tag and registration. It did raise some laughter when they saw the BOS was dated and notarized in 1994............the gal said...."you didn't waste any time getting it done, did you"
    Great info! I was always curious about this. I'd probably run the VIN before I got there with NICB, but bought vehicles with dubious origins before. How do they calculate the bond? Is it based on NADA value?

wiredgeorge

Older than I was yesterday!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Mico TX
    The VIN on older vintage bikes may not be the current standard of 17 letters/numbers. I had to have a VIN verification some number of years ago and an Texas inspection station could do this and you didn't have to have a LEO verify.

StukasSis

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2022
    DFW
    The VIN on older vintage bikes may not be the current standard of 17 letters/numbers. I had to have a VIN verification some number of years ago and an Texas inspection station could do this and you didn't have to have a LEO verify.

My ‘75 shovel most definitely does not have a 17 digit going on but I’ve been in the automotive accounting and titling business for 20 years so if anyone ever needs help, I’d be happy to help
    610acd99ed9c3b868bc5f132fe09ad55.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom