Join TexasGunTalk

Texas auto insurance suggestions

Discussion in 'Automotive / Motorcycle Chat' started by RevolverGuy, Sep 9, 2019.

1. easy rider

easy rider Allotropic Transformer TGT Supporter

Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    My suggestion is, if you hit me, have the best insurance out there.

Seriously though, have the insurance companies compete for your business.

rmantoo likes this.
  2. TxStetson

TxStetson Usually Here TGT Supporter Lifetime Member

I bank exclusively with Navy Federal now. After they added the ability to deposit checks from the app, I have no need to have a local bank anymore. I dropped USAA insurance a few years ago when it was cheaper to bundle home and auto insurance with other companies, and save around $1,500/ year.

studenygreg likes this.
  3. F350-6

F350-6 TGT Addict

May 25, 2009
    Personally I like a local person to deal with. One that I can march into their office and raise a stink if I need to instead of sitting on hold or waiting for a chat window or reply email.

I can text, call, email, or visit my insurance agent, plus they have an app and website too. I do use the website to pay the bill since they let me use a credit card with only a small fee. I get 2.5% cash back from the card, and I pay it off each month, so I come out ahead that way.

4. easy rider

easy rider Allotropic Transformer TGT Supporter

Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    My Geico agent is at the place where my car is being repaired, they just approved more money because some hail dents were too deep to pull out without repainting, and I didn't have to have it reestimated, so no waiting to continue work.

5. TexasBrandon

TexasBrandon TGT Addict

Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    I check my account daily since I'm anal about my money, I have an IRA with them that is managed by them that I keep a close eye on, I also deposit checks infrequently with them with their app. Their website just makes everything easy for me. It isn't just the insurance in my case, its all of their services. But on the insurance side, I mainly just print the ID cards, look at the rates being charged, and modify my insurance as a vehicle gets older. I try to keep the 20% extra in payment if a vehicle is totaled. I guess in the end, I could change now but I'm going to wait until the vehicles are paid.

6. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Sorry, didn't equate car insurance with an IRA.
    Makes mo better sense....

7. RevolverGuy

RevolverGuy Member

Aug 8, 2013
    Update: Texas Farm Bureau is gonna save me a shitload.

Sorry I didn’t switch gears ago.

toddnjoyce likes this.
  8. Dawico

Dawico TGT Addict

Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    We recently switched to them also and saved a pile. Bundling is the way to go.

9. diesel1959

diesel1959 por vida Lifetime Member

Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    How anyone could hate USAA customer service is beyond me. Best in the business--bar none. I've been with them just shy of 40 years as a customer.

pronstar likes this.
  10. diesel1959

diesel1959 por vida Lifetime Member

Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Even though they no longer cover motorcycles in Texas, they have some sort of cooperative agreement with Progressive, so that USAA customers can get great insurance for their bikes. I'm pretty certain USAA rides herd on Progressive to be certain that their customers are treated right, but I have no proof of that.