• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mbs05

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2015
    Please explain to me how the first amendment disenfranchises a religious interest group and bans cultural traditions rooted in our Protestant heritage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It doesn't. The first amendment prohibits establishment of religion by the state. A lack of religious icons on government property doesn't interfere with the practice of your religious beliefs, or anyone else's. That's the point.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

jeepinbanditrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Dallas
    It doesn't. The first amendment prohibits establishment of religion by the state. A lack of religious icons on government property doesn't interfere with the practice of your religious beliefs, or anyone else's. That's the point.

DingDingDingDingDing!

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi

The silencing of traditional Christmas imagery on state property is in fact establishing a religion and doing quite the opposite of what the first amendment intended.

mbs05

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2015
    The silencing of traditional Christmas imagery on state property is in fact establishing a religion and doing quite the opposite of what the first amendment intended.

No, it really isn't.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Wait
    Did someone establish a state religion and church whist we were sleeping ?

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    Wait
    Did someone establish a state religion and church whist we were sleeping ?

No, but they are trying to.
    We need to maintain and cultivate a government that is blind to religion. A place where the rights of all mankind are maintained. Where Jew, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist and Christian are treated the same. You can't do that if you only pray to Jesus or anyone else exclusively in our courts, schools and buildings.

Perhaps this teacher can look past the fact her students are a different religion than she is but we have found out far too many times that often that doesn't happen. The only way to keep everyone equal is to not hold one god above another on government property.

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    I find it funny that only the Christian and Jewish type faiths being bashed and hated on these days by our Gvnmnt and media. And the Sheeple are going along with it...

add- Are any of you here advocating against a school or courthouse putting up say a Christmas tree Religous type folks?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom