Venture Surplus ad

Tex HB1289 Constitutional Carry and other pro gun bills...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    It was a psychological "hit job" on my part.. playing devils advocate comes with heat.. I knew it would start a shit storm, exactly as expected. Your true passions exploded.. that's good, pressing that "button" was a risk, expressing deep rooted feelings about a heart-felt issue is therapeutic. I noticed you all didn't gather today and burn something to the ground.. that's the difference between the immature leftists and those on the right who have adult maturity. I know I blindsided everyone somewhat.. I am just nasty like that sometimes. Class meets again tomorrow.
    Easy to say after the fact bro...

Instead of either being a liar or a manipulative bitch, how about saying what you believe and mean.

You're on my "not trusted" list

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    Here is what I do know. After calling each of the the Texas a state senators. All of them are signed on and will vote for it if it gets to the Senate Floor.

The three holdouts are, Senator Bettencourt, Senator Huffman, And Senator Seliger. All of them are on the fence. I actually talked to Seliger’s legal aide, and he told me Senator Seliger is waiting on seeing the version coming out of the Senate committee. As HB1927 stands today, he will vote for it. However, their could be amendments, or substitutions added by the Senate committee that he could oppose. Senator Huffman’s informed me of the same.

The problem is, that HB1927 has yet to be referred to committee for a hearing. That is up to the LT Gov. that’s where the main problem is located. We need to get him to refer it to the committee.

We need to keep his phone ringing off the hook with calls.

Keep in mind we only need 16 of the 18 Senators to vote for it, the hardest part is getting it referred to committee.

It could go to either the State Affairs committee, or Jurisprudence. If it goes to State Affairs, it will make it out without much delay. That Committee is chaired by Senator Bryan Hughes. He is very much in support of HB1927. State affairs will be a slam dunk in our favor.

However,

Jurisprudence is the Committee to worry about though. That Committee is chaired by Senator Huffman, who is on the fence, Senator Bryan Hughes and Senator Creighton Is on that Committee as well as two democrats. Which will leave it as a tie, for Senator Huffman to break. That’s why that Committee could be an issue.

Last edited:

dooladawg

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2021
    The sticks
    People that like to push buttons really shouldn't lecture. It tends to blow up in their faces.
    It wasn't a "lecture" Einstein.. and nothing "blew up in my face" It was an experiment to allow those who "get it' to do some self- examination concerning a willingness to be open-minded and tolerant of differing opinions.

dooladawg

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2021
    The sticks
    People that like to push buttons really shouldn't lecture. It tends to blow up in their faces.
    I like how you "list" your memberships.. as if it means your way of thinking is more valuable than others who differ.
    The Texas Redneck
    TSRA South Central Texas Regional Director * NRA Benefactor Member * TSRA Defender

dooladawg

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2021
    The sticks
    Easy to say after the fact bro...

Instead of either being a liar or a manipulative bitch, how about saying what you believe and mean.

You're on my "not trusted" list

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk
    I am not your "bro". inflammatory remarks and name calling (liar, manipulative bitch..) is proof that you are possibly incapable of calm, mature, dis-course. God bless you.. "bro".

dooladawg

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2021
    The sticks
    Let's not let a troll derail this thread. Let's get back to the task of trying to get CC passed.
    I am not a "Troll". If someone posts a differing opinion on this forum that you folks don't like you immediately say troll, you really don't get it.. do you?

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    461f04c04b3a086981d4e87fcf59c2da.gif

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    Thankfully, I’m getting back to the day to day work schedule of the “Beforetime” so have been civically disconnected. Will the team help me understand next steps? The Lt. Gov must “allow” the CC bill to be placed in front of other bills? When does this happen? Does it go to committee in the Senate or straight to the floor for debate and vote? Finally, when does the legislature wrap up for the year? Anybody think the Lt Gov might just let it die in the crib?

I can’t believe we’re even having this discussion. Love it as I do, if Tx goes purple, I and mine are out.

Top Bottom