DK Firearms

Tex HB1289 Constitutional Carry and other pro gun bills...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Well.... They do make a good point. As for me, I don't care much for knowing that just any ole' dumbass can open carry, especially where my family is involved. In this day and age it is only logical that everyone have education and training. I am licensed and have always been "a responsible gun owner" Pass this bill and there will be alot of "irresponsible gun toting fools in public".. NO THANKS.
    A responsible gun owner would never not support such a pro 2a law. Anyone can already buy and carry a long gun and nothing is stopping someone from buying and carrying a handgun.

But, but, but...
    I am responsible BUT...
    I support gun rights BUT...
    A sporting arm is Ok BUT...

I hate when someone thinks they are special and the rest of folks shouldn't have something guaranteed by our Constitution.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk
    Venture Surplus ad

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    A responsible gun owner would never not support such a pro 2a law. Anyone can already buy and carry a long gun and nothing is stopping someone from buying and carrying a handgun.

But, but, but...
    I am responsible BUT...
    I support gun rights BUT...
    A sporting arm is Ok BUT...

I hate when someone thinks they are special and the rest of folks shouldn't have something guaranteed by our Constitution.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk
    Just like Facebook and other Technocrats who are for their right to "free speech" but not for the rest of us.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Well.... They do make a good point. As for me, I don't care much for knowing that just any ole' dumbass can open carry, especially where my family is involved. In this day and age it is only logical that everyone have education and training. I am licensed and have always been "a responsible gun owner" Pass this bill and there will be alot of "irresponsible gun toting fools in public".. NO THANKS.
    Sigh

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    I will repeat. Gun laws are for the ability to prosecute - nothing else! They DON'T stop shootings! Period, end of silly argument. Training DOESN'T stop shootings. Private companies or Gov. location prohibitions DON'T stop shootings. It's a liability thing, don't want to get sued. May make people 'feel' protected but just read the NEWS. Doesn't work. South Dallas had the troopers come in and 'collect' illegal/carried guns but no prosecution and residents wanted them 'out'. No LTC but needed protection. No white/black hats worn so LE wants LTC or no guns. Simple as that. Simple solution would be Biblical. Tattoo/mark the bad/prohibited guys like lepers. Nah, that would not be 'nice'. Other solution would be let nature take it's course - do bad stuff - pay the penalty. LE clean up the mess. That's where CC applies.

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas

You mean like when concealed carry was passed? Oh, wait.....

Oh you meant when open carry passed. Oh, wait...

FUDDERY like this is unacceptable. It’s a right guaranteed in the Constitution. It’s just mind blowing to me how some alleged 2nd amendment supporters and gun owners come up with this stuff.

You either believe in the rights affirmed by the 2nd amendment or you don’t. There is no but....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    I emailed my6 state senator, the Honorable Dr. Dawn Buckingham. Here is the response I got, where she states she is all for CC.. I looked at it a bunch of Anti 2A folks twittered her back. Mostly the same usual rhetoric.

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out! Senator Buckingham is a strong and outspoken supporter of the Second Amendment. Please see her latest statement on HB 1927 and SB 540 in the link below.

Respectfully,
    George Moore
    Nominations Committee Clerk
    Policy Aide
    Senator Dawn Buckingham | SD 24
    512-463-0124

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Gun laws are for the ability to prosecute - nothing else! They DON'T stop shootings! Period, end of silly argument. Training DOESN'T stop shootings. Private companies or Gov. location prohibitions DON'T stop shootings. It's a liability thing, don't want to get sued.

QFT and I posted it on twitter

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    what all these instructors fail to realize because most of the, are greedy bastards... is the poor. They can’t afford the cost of a LTC class at $100 a pop.

So how are the poor suppose to exercise their right to bear arms for self protection if permitless carry does not pass.

and exactly why inexpensive guns should still be available.........

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    and exactly why inexpensive guns should still be available.........

Their are groups that give free guns to the poor vetrans as well. They give guns that people donate to themZ I have donated three guns to give to Vetrans that cant afford them.

I and my church have given free LTC classes to Vetrans as well. but free classes like that are few and far betond sadly.

dooladawg

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2021
    The sticks
    It was a psychological "hit job" on my part.. playing devils advocate comes with heat.. I knew it would start a shit storm, exactly as expected. Your true passions exploded.. that's good, pressing that "button" was a risk, expressing deep rooted feelings about a heart-felt issue is therapeutic. I noticed you all didn't gather today and burn something to the ground.. that's the difference between the immature leftists and those on the right who have adult maturity. I know I blindsided everyone somewhat.. I am just nasty like that sometimes. Class meets again tomorrow.

Last edited:

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    This topic has made me think I may need a new spreadsheet.

I have seen quite a few folks around lately that say I support the second ammendment but.....

I have also noticed this topic seems to have brought out several new members. Very peculiar. Some with condescending overtones like we saw a year ago. The left seems to be against CC the same way they were against me walking around my house with no mask....

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Edited for clarity and expansion of thought.

dooladawg

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2021
    The sticks
    In future thread's consider sticking to the original wording in a post.. for clarity please note : I didn't mention the 2nd A or use the word "but"

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Back on topic, RPT is now pushing the noodle via email. That’s a first for this topic.

Dear Todd,

A strong leader never surrenders when absolute victory is within his grasp.

Unfortunately, that is precisely what is taking place in Austin right now. Unless you and I act immediately, we could lose our best chance to restore gun rights in Texas.

At this very moment, Texas is closer than it has ever been to passing true Constitutional Carry. With H.B. 1927 having already sailed through the Texas House with bi-partisan support, all eyes are now on the Senate.

So before you read on, please take a moment to sign your Constitutional Carry Petition right away.

As the fight for gun rights in the Texas Senate ramps up, several Republicans are already showing signs of hesitation.

Even Texas Lt. Governor Dan Patrick recently said, “Constitutional Carry doesn’t have the votes.” 1

Don’t be mistaken . . . we can do this.

That is why I am teaming up with the National Association for Gun Rights to collect petitions urging Lt. Governor Dan Patrick and Governor Greg Abbott that we must strike when the iron is hot.

All our efforts will be for nothing if H.B. 1927 doesn’t get a vote on the floor of the Senate.

The time is now.

Your signed petition, along with thousands of others just like it, will be delivered directly to Lt. Governor Patrick to show him just how many red-blooded Americans want this done.

Weakness is not an option. We need all hands on deck to push H.B. 1927 over the finish line.

Todd, it is up to pro-gun grassroots supporters like you to make it crystal clear to the political class that they need to take action in this landmark fight for liberty.

So join me and my friends at the National Association for Gun rights send a message by signing your Constitutional Carry Petition immediately.

As you may know, I am working overtime all over the state to see this bill through.

This has been a coordinated effort for years, but we cannot afford to wait another second to get this done.

Your support means everything.

Even a simple signed petition speaks volumes to our elected officials. It plainly shows them the masses will not stand for anything less than true Constitutional Carry.

Excuses are already flying around left and right, trying to find reasons not to push forward. But, to be frank, those making excuses don’t have a leg to stand on.

Lt. Gov. Patrick should prove his leadership and push Constitutional Carry to the floor, so we can put the State Senators on record.

The truth is, there is no reason for the Senate not to pass H.B. 1927.

With firm Republican control, the votes are there. Now, they just need to act.

But that’s why I need you to sign your petition right away.

Todd, Texas has a reputation as being amongst the best Second Amendment states in the country.

Yet, the Lone Star State lags behind 20 states, including Oklahoma and Kansas, when it comes to Constitutional Carry.

Here in the state of Texas, we should not have to ask for a permit to carry the firearm that we are legally able to have because of our constitutional right.

Trust me when I say, all eyes are on Texas.

We cannot afford to let this opportunity slip through our fingers.

Thankfully, the National Association for Gun Rights is already fighting tooth-and-nail, mobilizing the pro-gun grassroots, and turning up the pressure on the politicians.

But we need all hands on deck in order to push Constitutional Carry across the finish line.

So sign your Constitutional Carry Petition to Lt. Governor Dan Patrick and Gov. Greg Abbott right away.

I am honored to serve you, and I can’t tell you how much I appreciate all the support you’ve given me over the years.

Thank you for taking action today.

For Freedom,

Lt. Col. Allen West
    Chairman
    Republican Party of Texas

P.S. Texas is closer than ever to joining the 20 states and counting that have already passed Constitutional Carry.

However, some Republicans are already showing signs of hesitation before the fight in the Senate has even started.

I need you to join me and my friends at NAGR make Texas walk the walk and become the 21st Constitutional Carry state.

So please sign your Constitutional Carry Petition immediately.

After you sign, please help fund the fight by chipping in $10 or $20 to the National Association for Gun Rights today.

References:
    1 = Wallace Jeremy, Bureau Austin. Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick says ‘Constitutional Carry’ bill doesn’t have the votes to pass Texas Senate. Houston Chronicle. Apr 19, 2021

The National Association for Gun Rights, Inc. is a non-profit tax exempt advocacy organization under Section 501(c)4 of the IRC. Contributions or gifts to NAGR are not tax-deductible for IRS purposes. Not paid for or mailed at taxpayer expense. The National Association for Gun Rights' mailing address is P.O. Box 1776, Loveland, Colorado 80539. They can be contacted toll-free at 1-877-405-4570. Its web address is www.NationalGunRights.org
    Not produced or e-mailed at taxpayer expense.

To view this email as a web page, please click this link: view online.

In order to unsubscribe from this mailing list, please click here.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom