Venture Surplus ad

Tex HB1289 Constitutional Carry and other pro gun bills...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    My my what ever did people do before the gooberment intervention into people's rights.

I'll tell you the same thing we told everyone when AZ started CC.

Carrying concealed is a commitment. People who want to already went thru the permitting process. People to lazy to are not gonna decide to all of a sudden get holsters and new clothes just because CC was passed. People who want to break laws already do so.

Absolutely nothing will change in the numbers or manner of carry after CC is passed. It hasn't changed anything in any state yet regarding noobs being unleashed untrained and a pestilence upon the land. No untrained yahoos ventilating themselves or others cause they can all of a sudden carry with out a permit. It is an argument that has never been born out as anything even approaching true.

That's handwringing bullshit.

Idiots are among you now with permits and training. People need to quit trying to control everyone's lives. Most have enough to worry about facing themselves in the mirror.

Saved me the trouble. Thank you.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We allow people to drive drunk with no training so what could possibly go wrong with constitutional carry.

Do you not understand the difference b/t unconstitutional laws prohibiting CARRY / POSSESSION vs) laws against CRIME(S) committed while armed ?

Follow the CONSTITUTION and eliminate all carry /possession laws, but keep laws against criminal acts whether armed or not !

When will we learn that all anti-GUN laws always and ONLY disarm the non-criminal citizenry, not the criminals ? That is WHY those laws, any and all of them, always make things worse for non-criminals.

This is not a difficult distinction for any clear thinking person who understands the situation.

And. . . . . "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" !

leVieux

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Everyone said that Texas was going to be Dodge City on Saturday night when concealed carry passed. Didn't happen. Then when OC was passed, it was going to be Dodge City on Saturday night. Didn't happen. Won't happen with CC carry either.

Face it, the tiny bit of training for a CHL is not really going to teach someone who doesn't care gun safety.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We in Louisiana have NEVER had any restriction on "open carry" of handguns. As far as I know, this has never been any problem. Yes, I did spend half my life in Texas, but have always "kept in touch". when Iwas a Teen, we very frequently had a pistol in the belt, un-concealed, and this caused no notice or concern. Today, this ethic has disappeared. but, I'm older, dress well, and am very polite with everyone; I rarely get a glance or a question. Occasionally, another one of "us" will note "Hey, is that a Python?", or "Nice .45 rig."
    leVieux

Reactions: gll

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    No any literate person reading my statement understands that I am concerned ONLY about unlicensed CONCEALED carry. AND no mention was made of unpaid instructors! I think that the state of Texas should offer the instruction free as a public safety issue. We certain fund a shitload of grants for studying everything from stars to turtle migration, money could be taken from some of those esoteric studies and fund real safety.

What difference does method of carry make?

And the second part of your reply is a pipe dream.

It should be up to the individual to seek the information. The entire penal code is easily found on the internet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    We can also do our part to make training easy and accessible. Wouldn’t hurt to push to require defensive marksmanship and martial arts training as optional public school classes as long as we are gonna keep those institutions...

We gotta start asking for WAAY more than we are willing to settle for. We need to push the compromises and concessions on the Democrats instead of the other way around.

I’ve never understood why we don’t understand bargaining tactics. If I want $5000 for a used car, I’d never post it for $4500 and settle for $4000... and the same goes for compromise legislation.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    There is no compromise. The Dems agenda is complete control. We already have over 22,000 firearms laws.
    You don't understand. I'm not pro-compromise, I'm saying we need to push much harder if we want the average citizen to choose a middle-of-the road position.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    What’s the definition of “Middle of the road”? Only screw me from a little bit of my 2A right?
    Ah, you misunderstand "average" I see. If we are "reasonable" at 75% push, and the left is -50%, then average (some citizen saying, "why can't we just compromise?") to the undecided is somewhere in the middle. We need to push a LOT harder to make the "middle" somewhere closer to where we want it. That means perhaps pushing the lines a LOT harder, by pushing stuff that might actually sound silly to some, like actually requiring firearms ownership and training for adults, marksmanship in schools, yearly marksmanship and defensive training, etc...

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Guys, clearly we as gun owners are falling down on our duties. EVERY time restrictions on our rights are removed, the liberals promise blood in the streets. Gunfights over parking spaces. Bullets flying at little league games. And every time, we...well, we really disappoint those poor liberals. Being wrong every single fucking time has to hurt their tender feelings.

Can't we do better? Our self-appointed intellectual superiors are counting on us.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We can also do our part to make training easy and accessible. Wouldn’t hurt to push to require defensive marksmanship and martial arts training as optional public school classes as long as we are gonna keep those institutions...

We gotta start asking for WAAY more than we are willing to settle for. We need to push the compromises and concessions on the Democrats instead of the other way around.

I’ve never understood why we don’t understand bargaining tactics. If I want $5000 for a used car, I’d never post it for $4500 and settle for $4000... and the same goes for compromise legislation.

"Compromise" with the DEVIL has led us to this HELL already.

No, we are now backed into a corner and must be ready to actually FIGHT. Remember, we have them tremendously out-manned and out-gunned now. More waiting or more compromises will further weaken us. We MUST protect our Constitution today.

leVieux

leVieux

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    Guys, clearly we as gun owners are falling down on our duties. EVERY time restrictions on our rights are removed, the liberals promise blood in the streets. Gunfights over parking spaces. Bullets flying at little league games. And every time, we...well, we really disappoint those poor liberals. Being wrong every single fucking time has to hurt their tender feelings.

Can't we do better? Our self-appointed intellectual superiors are counting on us.
    "Compromise" with the DEVIL has led us to this HELL already.

No, we are now backed into a corner and must be ready to actually FIGHT. Remember, we have them tremendously out-manned and out-gunned now. More waiting or more compromises will further weaken us. We MUST protect our Constitution today.

leVieux

leVieux
    You don't understand me, still. I'm not arguing for compromise, I'm saying that the average voters will pick the middle ground. That's realism, not intentional compromise. So if you want the middle ground to be closer to what YOU want, you need to ask for MORE.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    @DoubleDuty is correct. There is no compromise, and has never been any compromise. It's all been about law-abiding gun owners giving up more of our rights in regards to guns.

Compromise is when both, or all parties reach an understand and agreement that benefits all parties involved. That has never happened.

Compromise would be say, making bump-stocks a NFA item, but removing suppressors, so any law-abiding gun owner could purchase one without having to go through the ATF and paying for a tax stamp. (Just an example.)

But it's never been about compromise. It's about total elimination of guns from the hands of private citizens, one little step at a time. Remember the frog in the boiling pot!

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    You don't understand me, still. I'm not arguing for compromise, I'm saying that the average voters will pick the middle ground. That's realism, not intentional compromise. So if you want the middle ground to be closer to what YOU want, you need to ask for MORE.
    Some of us understand. Semantics is confusing things.

dooladawg

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2021
    The sticks
    Is it against the rules to print out range targets with pictures of stupid evil people on them? asking for a friend...

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom