Join TexasGunTalk

Testosterone problems

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by Indisputabull, Jan 10, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Lunyfringe

Lunyfringe Well-Known

Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    Supplements will do nothing if you're not deficient in what they're providing, or otherwise treat some issue.

But would you not take iodine supplements if you're going to be exposed to iodine isotopes (byproducts of nuclear reactions)?

Granted, there are plenty of snake oil products out there- a friend recommended a Infowars supplement, so I researched it: https://labdoor.com/article/labdoor-special-report-we-tested-the-infowars-supplements
    At the same time, the medical industry wants to put you on scripts that don't solve the problem- and in my experience they don't look at systems as a closed loop... or they simply don't care as long as they're getting paid.

I'll agree with you on the move part... exercise is essential to good overall health... and sunshine is just free vitamin D (with some UV radiation as a bonus)... and many people are deficient in Vitamin D in modern times (too much time indoors)

2. phoenix

phoenix Member

Sep 10, 2014
    interesting thread. I have low t. Found out in my 30s when my wife and I were trying to start a family. Sadly it never happened, but with my initial blood work they found I had low T. Since we were trying to have a family i was put on clomid ( fertility drug that also raises test in men) and it helped raise it but not to a great level. It got to the point i was on it longer than the doc would like ( 8-10 years) and at 43 with my wife at 45 we figured it was not as likely ( but not impossible) to have a child. We even went through fertility treatments and had one miscarriage to show for it( yet illegals can pop out litters) so this year i started testosterone. I opted for the shots because i lift weights. I have felt better, lost weight, bodyfat % and overall feel better. It seems more and more common, but many man are afraid to even look at it. There are some doctors very gun shy about testosterone and many of those online clinics are bascially VERY OVERPRICED. I mean most are like $200 per month. I am not advocating illegal activity, but i have been around the iron game from football then bodybuilding ( totally natural) then toook a hiatues for about 15 years when i got a sit on my duff job that threw money at us to keep us working 50-60 hours a week so i knew a few things. If someone were using the dosage and stuff docs doing this from clinics reccomend the illicit test is about $40-$80 for a 10ml vial with 200mg per ml which is the tyical dose they give you. That is 10 shots were they give you 4 and some hcg ( keeps balls from shrinking and keeps natual test up but some say overrated) along with an anti-estrogen like arimidex ( to keep estrogen lower as it often goes up with test). So even if you bought everything the clinic gave you you might pay $80 a month if that and that would be on the high end. I honestly think that is unethical. I ahve a copay for my urologist a copay for my test, arimidex has no copay.

3. F350-6

F350-6 TGT Addict

May 25, 2009
    Different insurance has different coverages I guess. I used to get arimidex for free from the clinic, but when BCBS cut out the physician visit billing unless there was something wrong, I started getting a script for that. Cost me a little over $1 a month (since they only will authorize a 1 month supply, and that's my copay portion). BCBS won't cover HCG if needed.

Since I only pay the copay portion, and I also get bloodwork every 90 days, and a cholesterol check every year for no additional money, I'll stick with the clinic I go to.

4. Mohawk600

Mohawk600 Active Member

Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    Lots of things lower T.......being overwieght is big. Lack of excersice is big. Chronic exposure to plastics.....which mimic estrogens....is big. We have chemical exposure in modern times that noone could have imagined over 100 years ago. We still don't know the effects.

mamboloco likes this.