• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    How did our parents/grandparents get by without tweaking testosterone?

My grandparents got by without penicillin, vaccinations against most common diseases now dead, drinking vodka, beer, wine and anything but the water and smoking unfiltered cigarettes. Granted only 1 lived past 70.

The question isn’t what our grandparents did, but whether what we are doing is good or bad for us. If you’re taking T as a gimmick or cause some quack wants to milk your copay. BAD. If the long term effects are worse than the gains then BAD. If you’re taking it cause you have an actual deficiency that is causing negative effects like weight gain, soft tissue damage... then GOOD.
    Capitol Armory ad

Fosty

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2017
    Austin
    We're consuming too much soy, jacking off too much, sitting in front of screens, stressing about work, all kinds of shit to turn us into customers for their drug market (which I've read will just make you dependent on the drugs) and docile slaves which are easy to control.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    You’re 100% correct. I own it. Maybe it’s time to make some changes.

Cheeseburger anyone?

Got to make a few changes.
    LOL
    Nobody can make you do it but YOU

I spent 10 years being way overweight and just got tired of it one day and made some changes
    Took off 90 lbs and started working out and eating smarter
    I would not go back now for anything

Good luck bro
    I wish you the best

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    You made some incorrect points coming from someone with a medical degree, but I'm sure your intentions were good
    But he isnt condoning buying illegal drugs off the street and injecting them into your body is he?

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    LOL
    Nobody can make you do it but YOU

I spent 10 years being way overweight and just got tired of it one day and made some changes
    Took off 90 lbs and started working out and eating smarter
    I would not go back now for anything

Good luck bro
    I wish you the best

I'm envious. I can't ever make that working out thing stick.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    I had a discussion about low t with my Dr. Mine was slightly below normal (whatever that is). He did not recommend taking anything. His statement is once you get on that medicine your body shuts down whatever level it was producing and will not start up again if you stop the shots. A friend gets a shot a week. No thanks, I'll try my own methods, more exercise, diet, etc. All of the stuff that will boost it naturally.

Same thoughts here. Mine are are low and barely within normal range. My boss was a personal trainer, still works out and over 50 when his doctor said his numbers were similar. He now gets shots and claims he's not as tired, has more clarity and feels much younger (didn't ask him about sex drive). I've read similar research regarding how shots will shutdown whatever level your body was producing so I've steered clear.

I'm diabetic too and there are some diabetes medications with the same side effect of shutting down a process the body can still perform. Also have an abdominal artery stenosis that causes leg pain if I don't walk enough. The fix is a stent which might last 10+ years and then it would be a bypass which might last 10+ years before exhausting options. Those that have gone the route state they wish they would have waited until they were "old" since they've used all their options. Also have a cardiac stent which I received 8 years ago but now the doctors would recommend NOT using that fix.

I may change my mind at some point but I still consider myself too young (over 50) for a medical option that may create larger issues down the road related to testosterone, diabetes or my stenosis.

Gunny P

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    DFW
    consult with an endocrinologist to get your prescribtion etc. Low level is very common more than we think. It affects even some folks in their late 20s. Low level can be caused by many factors. As a man if you are waking up without morning wood, you might want to check your level. Also there is a big diference between Body builder's dose and therapeutical dose. Therapeuticaly you are prescribed mostly cypionate im,while bodybuilders use dex, test E, test P, Equipose, Tren, Primobolan etc, depending on what they want to achieve.
    We are living with a different stress level than our fore fathers, so in a nut shell, if your level is low get help. Gym, Endocrinologist or both....
    Our fore fathers went to war with musket etc, why are we now using AR with optics & suppressors on it ?

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Vaquero and Dawico are spot on.

How did our parents/grandparents get by without tweaking testosterone?

We all would like to live healthy and forever...ain't gonna happen......

Well they only lived to be 60 or 65 (If you mean our grandparents) and they also worked out in nature a lot more than most of us.. Their metabolisms were different than us. They ATE different things than we did.

There are a lot of factors as to why men now have lower testosterone than ever before. A lot of it has to do with our habits and diet.

I'll probably start taking T injections in the next 5 years. It's not about how long you live, but the quality of your life and body while you live it.

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    My grandparents also didn't drink water stored in plastics containing xenoestrogen compounds... or worse yet, food packaged and heated in plastics containing them (heating releases more of the compounds)

Or have food additives that contain xenoestrogens at these levels...
    • Bisphenol A (BPA) – canned foods, plastic bottles, fast food, dental sealants, baby bottles, jar lids, children’s toys, microwave containers.
    • Parabens – cosmetics (e.g. deodorants), food (deserts, jams, frozen yogurt), beverages (beer), pharmaceuticals.
    • Phthalates – solvents, shampoos, soap, hair care products, laundry detergents.
    • Erythrosine Red No.3 – Nope this isn’t a shade of lipstick favored by hookers. It’s a food preservative used to color jams, cherries, seasonings, and baked goods.
    • BHA and BHT – used widely in the food industry as preservatives. Both butylated hydroxyanisole (BHA) and butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT) are phenolic compounds used to preserve fats in fast foods and add color and flavor. They’re used in products such as baked goods, snack foods, chewing gum, cosmetics, and petroleum-based products.

The high levels in products could also help explain why younger men (who have been exposed to more of it) are more frequently "feminized" than older men.

Over the years, the standard range of what is considered "normal" testosterone levels has been revised- lower. The medical industry is doing this because they consider this the "new normal"? what if there are environmental factors that should be addressed/counteracted?

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Simplest advise my (honest) doc gave me.....

Don't spent money on supplements, T-Boosters, vitamins, herbs snake oil products.
    Spent money on tennis shoes and get out and walk with your wife.

So much pseudo-science is the nutrition/supplement/toxin-cleanse/hormone industry.

Get out in the clean air and sunshine.

Low T is probably mostly nonsense.
    If the advice contains the word toxin or cleanse run fast and run far.
    Read the fine print on nutritional products that clearly say they have been shown to do nothing!

We evolved to be moving.
    Move!!!

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    Simplest advise my (honest) doc gave me.....

Don't spent money on supplements, T-Boosters, vitamins, herbs snake oil products.
    Spent money on tennis shoes and get out and walk with your wife.

So much pseudo-science is the nutrition/supplement/toxin-cleanse/hormone industry.

Get out in the clean air and sunshine.

Low T is probably mostly nonsense.
    If the advice contains the word toxin or cleanse run fast and run far.
    Read the fine print on nutritional products that clearly say they have been shown to do nothing!

We evolved to be moving.
    Move!!!
    Supplements will do nothing if you're not deficient in what they're providing, or otherwise treat some issue.

But would you not take iodine supplements if you're going to be exposed to iodine isotopes (byproducts of nuclear reactions)?

Granted, there are plenty of snake oil products out there- a friend recommended a Infowars supplement, so I researched it: https://labdoor.com/article/labdoor-special-report-we-tested-the-infowars-supplements
    At the same time, the medical industry wants to put you on scripts that don't solve the problem- and in my experience they don't look at systems as a closed loop... or they simply don't care as long as they're getting paid.

I'll agree with you on the move part... exercise is essential to good overall health... and sunshine is just free vitamin D (with some UV radiation as a bonus)... and many people are deficient in Vitamin D in modern times (too much time indoors)

phoenix

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2014
    interesting thread. I have low t. Found out in my 30s when my wife and I were trying to start a family. Sadly it never happened, but with my initial blood work they found I had low T. Since we were trying to have a family i was put on clomid ( fertility drug that also raises test in men) and it helped raise it but not to a great level. It got to the point i was on it longer than the doc would like ( 8-10 years) and at 43 with my wife at 45 we figured it was not as likely ( but not impossible) to have a child. We even went through fertility treatments and had one miscarriage to show for it( yet illegals can pop out litters) so this year i started testosterone. I opted for the shots because i lift weights. I have felt better, lost weight, bodyfat % and overall feel better. It seems more and more common, but many man are afraid to even look at it. There are some doctors very gun shy about testosterone and many of those online clinics are bascially VERY OVERPRICED. I mean most are like $200 per month. I am not advocating illegal activity, but i have been around the iron game from football then bodybuilding ( totally natural) then toook a hiatues for about 15 years when i got a sit on my duff job that threw money at us to keep us working 50-60 hours a week so i knew a few things. If someone were using the dosage and stuff docs doing this from clinics reccomend the illicit test is about $40-$80 for a 10ml vial with 200mg per ml which is the tyical dose they give you. That is 10 shots were they give you 4 and some hcg ( keeps balls from shrinking and keeps natual test up but some say overrated) along with an anti-estrogen like arimidex ( to keep estrogen lower as it often goes up with test). So even if you bought everything the clinic gave you you might pay $80 a month if that and that would be on the high end. I honestly think that is unethical. I ahve a copay for my urologist a copay for my test, arimidex has no copay.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Different insurance has different coverages I guess. I used to get arimidex for free from the clinic, but when BCBS cut out the physician visit billing unless there was something wrong, I started getting a script for that. Cost me a little over $1 a month (since they only will authorize a 1 month supply, and that's my copay portion). BCBS won't cover HCG if needed.

Since I only pay the copay portion, and I also get bloodwork every 90 days, and a cholesterol check every year for no additional money, I'll stick with the clinic I go to.

Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    Lots of things lower T.......being overwieght is big. Lack of excersice is big. Chronic exposure to plastics.....which mimic estrogens....is big. We have chemical exposure in modern times that noone could have imagined over 100 years ago. We still don't know the effects.

Gravity1015

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    I see a lot of guys posting about issues that seem to be from low T of what I have read of it, why does everyone think this is becoming such a problem in our society? I am pretty heavy so I know that's a big factor in why I feel so fatigued a good amount of the time
    I overcame the low T phenom by changing my eating. When I gave up sugars and grains my brain fog lifted. When I switched to a meat only diet, Mr. Testosterone came back with a vengeance. Odd to feel like I am 20 when I am nearly 60 but that happened to me. 9 months carnivore and never going back.

Gravity

Top Bottom