• ...and so much more!
  • cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    [QUOTE="cycleguy2300, post: 2299716, member: 5902"

I would number your mags, then have a paint pen handy when you happen to shoot. Get an ftf? Tic mark. Get 2 or 3, mag goes in the trash.

Just buy some good Pmags, number them and shoot. A good maker's mags work in ARs, the mags are proven.

I agree with this info above. I number all mags. When I have a failure, I mark it. 2 failures with same mag, I spray paint the mag with red or orange and it’s then a “range only” magazine.

But.....

I only own quality (my personal POV) commercially manufactured firearms and I only buy quality (again, my personal POV) magazines. I don’t currently have any home made AR’s or 80% lower builds.

Do you think DOD runs hundreds of rounds through every magazine or firearm to test them prior to issuing them out? Nope. Not even close.

In my experience, Magpul, Lancer, and Hexmag are all GTG out from the wrapper. I don’t run aluminum mags. Just my preference.

Handgun mags are all OEM, Magpul, ETS, Wilson Combat, or MecGar. I have 100% confidence in all straight from the factory.

I don’t buy guns or mags I don’t have confidence in. I understand I can get a “lemon”. Shit happens...that’s why I carry a spare and train for mechanical failures.

You do you...I’ll do me.

YMMV[/QUOTE]I think you're getting my point. Good ammo in good mags in a good gun will run.

The DOD did run thousands of rounds through Pmags before adopting them.

I'm just pointing out if you are going to test, set up a standard. Anything less is a waste of time and ammo

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    [/QUOTE]I think you're getting my point. Good ammo in good mags in a good gun will run.

The DOD did run thousands of rounds through Pmags before adopting them.

I'm just pointing out if you are going to test, set up a standard. Anything less is a waste of time and ammo

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk
    [/QUOTE]

We agree on almost everything.

Regarding DOD and mags, yes they tested PMAGS a lot prior to buying them, but they don’t test mags bought and sent to units...they ship cases of new mags directly for ops use without testing the individual mags.

As far as a standard, sure...if a person wants. It look at what is heavily used in IDPA/IPSC/USPSA....they don’t generally run junk.

Finally, glad you are visiting Mom. Hope you and my sister hit it off...she needs a nice guy in her life.

Take care,

chas019

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2019
    central texas
    If I were in the same position to test them I'd try to have some fun with it and run a mad minute drill. If you have a mag that hiccups, toss it aside. If the gun starts choking after several rounds at least you knew before you were betting your life on it. I love a good mag dump on occasion. Even better when you can keep it on target !
    or put one of the double fire triggers in it to try out the best mags under real serious circumstances. I set on the couch and watch some news and cycle all my new weapons many times before they ever see real ammo. I think it saves me probably 200.00 on each one. The mags come later, pushing the follower down with a wooden pusher saves lots of scratched up ammo but the feed lips can be checked with a custom made gauge to show any anomaly before wasting ammo also you can judge the lips by the way the bolt rubs on their edges. Ammo has gotten so expensive a little common sense on prechecks can save a lot of money. When I started converting good ar's to pistons and adj gas blocks the cycling got a little trickier and followers got to be more important to me it seemed.

RichardLW

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2021
    Richmond
    Bought 3 PMags for AR-9.

All 3 have problems even loading them, can load maybe 15 rounds and then they jam, can’t press down to load any more.

One is better, two are really bad, won’t even unload (thumbing rounds out) evenly, with the spring jamming and not pushing the rounds right to the top.

Are there fake PMags out there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Bought 3 PMags for AR-9.

All 3 have problems even loading them, can load maybe 15 rounds and then they jam, can’t press down to load any more.

One is better, two are really bad, won’t even unload (thumbing rounds out) evenly, with the spring jamming and not pushing the rounds right to the top.

Where did you buy them from?
    Are these the PMag Glock mags?

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Bought 3 PMags for AR-9.

Are you sure they're not ProMags instead of Pmags?

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Bought 3 PMags for AR-9.

Welcome to the Forum!

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Bought 3 PMags for AR-9.

MagPul's AR mags are great. MagPul GLOCK magazines are known to be hot garbage. Sorry you weren't advised sooner. There is a silver lining to P-Mag Glock mags - you get LOTS of malfunction-clearing practice! Just don't use them for serious business.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Yes they are PMag Glock mags.

Ah well, I know now that they are rubbish!

Have ordered a couple of genuine Glock 17rd mags, hopefully they will be ok.

Thanks all!

Should work a lot better for you. And upshot - you can get 31/33 round Glock mags that run like a top.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Yes they are PMag Glock mags.

Ah well, I know now that they are rubbish!

Have ordered a couple of genuine Glock 17rd mags, hopefully they will be ok.

Thanks all!

Yeah glock pmags are trash. Most of the ones i had worked ok with brass FMJ, but would bimd up with steel case or JHP's. Some just plain didn't work at all.

Factory glock mags are great

LinuxAssailant

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2020
    Soon to be Texan
    Just like my women, and 10/22 mags too...
    I don't want anything with plastic lips...
    1625851698604.png

Top Bottom