• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    Well, they didn't have to. Whatever happened on that road, it probably wasn't his employer's fault. Considering that funeral expenses could easily be over $10,000 I'd say "generous" is not misapplied here.
    Well they should he worked for them for 21 years
    Target Sports

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Science care. Donate body get free cremated remains back.

Funeral people are an organized crime syndicate. Phuck them.

They don't always accept the body. Family member had cancer and they didn't take him.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Yeah I don't understand that part. Doctors need to know qhat it's like to work on deseased people too. Not just healthy ones.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I have been on the U-Turn where he landed to head north then right into Whole Foods a thousand times. Never again.

Glad you were OK.

That is second Big Rig fatality in area in a week. The other was SB at Bethany, and cab was over rail but did not break off and land.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    News indicated he was trying to avoid running over a car in front. You ever drive 75 during rush hour - or anytime? NO EXCUSE for anyone to die. If he'd run over several cars, somebody else would have! See that Ft Worth winter one - stupid city, semi's running over a pile of cars. Barriers are to push you back into lane, sometimes work - but you might end in the wrong lane. Side walls on 75 are just at the bottom of the trailer so he hit the wall and 'levered' over. Standard DOT req.
    A&M got sued for their dead head abutment design, now DOT uses the barrel/water but sometimes no water! Cable ones are cheap and only used where there is no real estate to add fixed ones (or on I45). They slingshot you back. Similar to front end crash tests, good for 35 mph (and barely pass). After that, good luck.

Last edited:

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Depends. My sister signed up with Baylor College of Medicine to donate her body. She doesn't intend for that to happen; she just wants me to have the option. This was a long time ago and things may have changed but when she signed up, the default was that you got back no remains. You could pay $200 and get some cremains sent to you approximately a year after the death of your loved one.

Anybody know what it's like now?
    We just used science care for mom n law. They picked her up and we got cremains in the mail about 6 weeks later. Easy process and free.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I have been on the U-Turn where he landed to head north then right into Whole Foods a thousand times. Never again.

Glad you were OK.

That is second Big Rig fatality in area in a week. The other was SB at Bethany, and cab was over rail but did not break off and land.
    So you've used that turn a thousand times but one wreck and you'll never go that way again?

Interesting.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    So you've used that turn a thousand times but one wreck and you'll never go that way again?

Interesting.
    Yes I avoided death several times by trusting my gut, the most infamous time was when I scheduled to fly on PanAm 103 but changed flight when terror reports started coming in. Folks told me there was nothing to worry about. Didn’t book Delta 191 either when it was offered. Avoided an avalanche and a shark attack too.

Top Bottom