Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    <>

Well, ‘’Keto”, Adkins (Atkins) low-fat & lwo carb have all been scientifically debunked by actual Science.

Yes, one could lose weight with the first two; but the weight comes right back 98% of the time.

The studies were precipitated by Pennington’s dietary Scientists’ & others’ repeated long term failures using the Adkins style & ”Keto” or ”Modified Keto” schemes.

The current “very low SUGAR” diets with behavior modification from LSU Pennington Center and the U of Texas Dallas Med School have been shown to work long term.

Millions of $’s were spent in several long-term studies involving family/genetic studies, large group monitoring, historical studies, and actual food content analyses by University Biochemists.

Much has been debunked.

This info and the programs “Naturally Slim” (“NS”), “Wonder Health” (“WondR”), plus the commercially available “Noom” tend to use these principles to effect permanent healthy weight-loss. The first two are available via many employers’ “employee health programs”, paid for by the employers via U of Texas Dallas Group.

Every other commercially available weight loss program I’ve ever seen advertised is just another scam.

leVieux
    Thanks, but I'm not dieting to lose weight.
    I'm prediabetic.

Actually been "on the diet" for 8-9 years.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks, but I'm not dieting to lose weight.
    I'm prediabetic.

Actually been "on the diet" for 8-9 years.

<>

I hope you are doing well.

Research, as in REAL scientific research, has revealed that many of the problems blamed on dietary fats were actually caused by the massive amounts of “hidden” sugars in most U S processed foods.

Pennington Center is the best-financed and most respected Nutritional institution in the World. Although part of LSU, it is not on the Main Campus, and is not under any of the Health Science Centers.

U T Dallas picked-up & continued some of their research projects.

leVieux

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    349186134_748848457025955_4354315737584310378_n.jpg

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Jack Roush was ask by Chrysler to put a the 1st Cummins Engine in a Dodge/Ram Pick-Up
    Truck..this was in the late 80s

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    <>

”Church Keys”

During the post-‘war era, when beer cans required steel-top piercing “beer can openers”; during the night times, the openers often turned into coat hangers via “molting”.

My Dad’s crew often complained about finding their homes filled with wire coat hangers, but not a can opener could be found.

In the old Texas of yore, the problem was even worse, as the “Blue Laws” prohibited sale of both beer and beer can openers on Sundays, the days of choice for picnics & beach trips.

When I first lived in Texas over a half-century back, one early lesson to learn was to make certain that one had both adequate beer and beer can openers, also known as “Church Keys”, by Saturday afternoon, every week.

leVieux

<>

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jack Roush was ask by Chrysler to put a the 1st Cummins Engine in a Dodge/Ram Pick-Up
    Truck..this was in the late 80s
    <>

I had one of the first GMC pichups which had an actual Detroit Diesel engine.

GM had previously tried & failed to use “converted” gas engines to run on Diesel fuel, but they just couldn’t hold up.

I recall folks asking if it were a conversion; but no, it was an ACTUAL 6.2L Detroit Diesel 1982 GMC Pickup.

leVieux

Last edited:

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    <>

GM had previously tried & failed to use “converted” gas engines to run on Diesel fuel, but they just couldn’t hold up.

I recall folks asking if it were a conversion; but no, it was an ACTUAL 6.6L Detroit Diesel 1982 GMC Pickup.

leVieux
    I drove a 1/2 ton work truck with their diesel conversion around 1982 or 1983 and it was a 350 v8 that GMC decided to "convert". I would drive from Sherman to warehouses in Dallas though I'd have to add 2+ quarts of oil after every trip. Looking under the hood was a mess since it was just blowing oil from every gasket.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    <>

I recall folks asking if it were a conversion; but no, it was an ACTUAL 6.6L Detroit Diesel 1982 GMC Pickup.

leVieux
    I thought the earlier ones were 6.2 liter Detroits then changed to 6.5 liter, then they added the turbo a few years after that.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    <>

”Church Keys”

During the post-‘war era, when beer cans required steel-top piercing “beer can openers”; during the night times, the openers often turned into coat hangers via “molting”.

My Dad’s crew often complained about finding their homes filled with wire coat hangers, but not a can opener could be found.

In the old Texas of yore, the problem was even worse, as the “Blue Laws” prohibited sale of both beer and beer can openers on Sundays, the days of choice for picnics & beach trips.

When I first lived in Texas over a half-century back, one early lesson to learn was to make certain that one had both adequate beer and beer can openers, also known as “Church Keys”, by Saturday afternoon, every week.

leVieux

<>
    This is waaay over my head. I have used church keys to open steel beer cans, but I was never tempted to use one as a coat hanger.

Top Bottom