Tell me what's best about your small town in Texas

satx78247

TGT Addict
Jun 23, 2014
We need a forum here. I might be able to hear you with some of the 2 meter propagation going on the past few days. I was hearing san Antonio clearly this morning.
jordanmills; Charlie,

AGREED 100%, though I'm a really unconventional ham operator, inasmuch as about all that I do is emergency, tornado & coastal storm rescue/recovery operations.

73 de satx

Charlie

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Mar 19, 2008
Kerr County
jordanmills; Charlie,

AGREED 100%, though I'm a really unconventional ham operator, inasmuch as about all that I do is emergency, tornado & coastal storm rescue/recovery operations.

73 de satx
About the same here. I don't even own a radio at this moment. The neighbor behind me is also an amateur radio operator so he keeps me up on things.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
Sep 27, 2017
Boerne
We’re looking at 44 acres right now outside a place small enough to not have its own post office. A crossroads serves the only local business area, town population is 59.

Seems like a pretty ideal place, a pasture producing coastal hay, grazing lease with a guy that raises longhorns, frontage on the Guadalupe, and wildlife.

It’s a pretty penny, but nobody is going to bother me there.

Vaquero

San Saba Songbird
Apr 4, 2011
Out West
We’re looking at 44 acres right now outside a place small enough to not have its own post office. A crossroads serves the only local business area, town population is 59.

Seems like a pretty ideal place, a pasture producing coastal hay, grazing lease with a guy that raises longhorns, frontage on the Guadalupe, and wildlife.

Do it while you can.

Fishkiller

TGT Supporter
Jul 22, 2019
Frederickburg

Jump on it if you can swing the deal. A few things to consider, sending PM

popsgarland

Aug 24, 2011
DFW area
FCC requires that the person transmitting say that call sign over the air periodically. It's the same requirement for CB radio but I know of no CB operators that do that.
Back in the day, You had to get a license to operate /use a CB. I got mine in 1977...KANE5430. My understanding is that a CB license was not needed sometimes in the 80's

baboon

TGT Addict
May 6, 2008
In a dumpy house on an expensive lot
Back in the day, You had to get a license to operate /use a CB. I got mine in 1977...KANE5430. My understanding is that a CB license was not needed sometimes in the 80's
I still remember my parent call letters KLJ5773. A couple they became great friends with back then were younger then my parents. I still talk to them on the phone on a regular basis.