• ...and so much more!
  • Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Time to buy a new mattress because wife and I both are getting stiff/ sore backs with the current setup. Mattesses that the box stores are carrying seem like they’ve cheapened out and it just doesn’t seem like they last as long as they used to. They start out comfortable, but it only lasts a few years Current setup is about 4 years old. I’ve had Simmons, Serta, Sealy, and they all pretty much are the same. Memory foam didn’t work out. For some stupid reason, manufacturers aren’t making the mattesses flipable any longer, so I can only rotate them head to toe.
    In my research, I found Texas Mattress Makers. Their website says they make the mattresses here in Houston using American made material. I don’t know if that means USA or if it means South America. Does anyone here have experience with their product? I’m seeing mixed reviews online. They seem to be a little higher priced than the big box stores, but not by much.
    Military Camp

PlatinumCouch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Hurst, TX.
    No offense intended....But, are you overweight? As we all grow older and put on them "few" extra pounds, we have to realize it's not the mattress.

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    Their ads say made in Texas by Texans. All I see in the ads look like illegals.
    Jewish owner, that's okay with me. Since he started advertising, he went from one store
    to four, pretty quick.
    I haven't priced but the next furniture I buy will be from Gallery.
    All that Jim Mcinvale does for the good outweighs his prices,

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    No offense intended....But, are you overweight? As we all grow older and put on them "few" extra pounds, we have to realize it's not the mattress.
    We’ve both actually lost weight. Myself I’m about 10 lbs heavier than my ideal weight. We have an older Sealy mattress in our guest room that neither one of us has a problem with. Sleep through the night and wake refreshed. I’d use that one full time, but it’s too small for the both of us.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    I've had the same experience with the last several mattress purchases -Simmons, Sealy, it didn't matter

You can't flip them and they don't "rebound".

I'm 6'5" and 285# and she is 5'6" and 110# (soaking wet). We rotate the mattress every time we change sheets and it still doesn't correct the hills and valleys.

I checked into TMM, and recall them having good reviews but being quite expensive.

Let us know what you find out and what you decide.

PlatinumCouch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Hurst, TX.
    We’ve both actually lost weight. Myself I’m about 10 lbs heavier than my ideal weight. We have an older Sealy mattress in our guest room that neither one of us has a problem with. Sleep through the night and wake refreshed. I’d use that one full time, but it’s too small for the both of us.
    Well, it sounds like my original comment is not the problem. I went into the mattress purchase debacle a few years ago myself. Finding the correct answer is a mystery. It seems like most mattress companies are WAY over priced. Good luck on your quest. Perhaps you can share your outcome with the group as any real information is helpful. I wish you best wishes and a sound nights sleep!

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    I don't have one, but see the Cantwell Mattress ads on TV. Have you looked at those?

ETA: I understood that they are made locally?

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    How you sleep can be a huge factor, especially if one is a side sleeper and the other a back sleeper. We just replaced ours, paid a fortune for it but it was the only thing except a top of the line Sleep Number that we were both comfortable on. The average life span for a mattress is 8 years or 2,920 nights. For us that’s about 20,440hrs of sleep. That amortizes down to about $4/hr or $28/night to get the best sleep we’ve had in years, if not decades.

Had we not found a medium firm mattress, we would’ve been in a sleep number since I enjoy a much firmer mattress than she does and I’m a side sleeper.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    How you sleep can be a huge factor, especially if one is a side sleeper and the other a back sleeper. We just replaced ours, paid a fortune for it but it was the only thing except a top of the line Sleep Number that we were both comfortable on. The average life span for a mattress is 8 years or 2,920 nights. For us that’s about 20,440hrs of sleep. That amortizes down to about $4/hr or $28/night to get the best sleep we’ve had in years, if not decades.

Had we not found a medium firm mattress, we would’ve been in a sleep number since I enjoy a much firmer mattress than she does and I’m a side sleeper.
    Well, what did you get?

You spent over $81k on a mattress?

Top Bottom