• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I believe strongly that expanding and improving mandatory background checks will keep a lot of people who aren’t entitled to Second Amendment rights from having easy access to guns

Obviously does not grasp what "right" means.

Does anyone have the right to drive a car without first obtaining a license?

You can drive at any age on private property. I drove my first truck at 12, didn't get a license for 5 years later.

Better yet, try buying a car without a driver’s license

Huh? I have sold many cars and never checked for a DL.

I will stop now, I think we have established he is an idiot.

Last edited:

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    It's the same b.s. that the liberals have been spinning. I would be beating the shit out of my brother if I were Ted.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Nothing like family trying to get their 15 min of fame ridding on coat tails...

Precisely. Using the Newtown event is the worst example he culd find but it sure does butter the libtards attention. Newtown guns were not locked up in a home with a proven mentally ill sociopath. Bckground checks have zero to do with that event.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    Precisely. Using the Newtown event is the worst example he culd find but it sure does butter the libtards attention. Newtown guns were not locked up in a home with a proven mentally ill sociopath. Bckground checks have zero to do with that event.

Wait what?

Maybe my sarcasm sensor is broken.

Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI

Check your facts, man. The guns used in Newtown were kept under lock and key. It wasn't until the mother was beaten to death and the key stolen that the psycho gained access to them.

There are no laws on the books or being proposed that would have prevented Newtown without also trampling on the rights of Joe and Jane Sane Citizen, and quite frankly, there never will be, because it's simply impossible to do.

As for Jeff Nugent, all I can say is that he needs to sit down, shut up, get his head outta his ass, and look at the facts.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Check your facts, man. The guns used in Newtown were kept under lock and key. It wasn't until the mother was beaten to death and the key stolen that the psycho gained access to them.

There are no laws on the books or being proposed that would have prevented Newtown without also trampling on the rights of Joe and Jane Sane Citizen, and quite frankly, there never will be, because it's simply impossible to do.

As for Jeff Nugent, all I can say is that he needs to sit down, shut up, get his head outta his ass, and look at the facts.

My bad. I thought they were out in the open. Either way stronger background checks STILL would not have stopped him.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    The NRA has it wrong: Irresponsible gun owners are bad for everyone.

Somebody show me where the NRA said otherwise.

If you shouldn’t have access to a gun, then there should be no way for you to access a gun! Can anyone argue with that?

Unless all guns are locked up in retina-scanning adamantium safes at all times, how are we supposed to accomplish this?

But convicted felons, people with restraining orders against them and those with a history of mental illness can still find ways to purchase weapons.

No shit. And UBCs won't stop them.

Does anyone have the right to drive a car without first obtaining a license? (Driving a car is not a constitutional right, I know, but the safety implications are similar.)

I love how he conveniently ignores the fact gun ownership is a right. Also, auto accidents cause far more deaths than gun accidents despite universal licensing requirements.

The Partnership for a Drug-Free America (now called the Partnership at Drugfree.org) offers a useful model in the complicated challenge of preventing gun violence. Its effort hit Americans in the face with aggressive messaging, including full-page print ads and television spots — who can forget the “This is your brain on drugs” ads?

What a laugh! Yeah, they sure won the "War on drugs" with those! Good thing we had those ads now that there aren’t any drugs anymore! Ha!

Last edited:

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    Unless all guns are locked up in retina-scanning adamantium safes at all times, how are we supposed to accomplish this?

Even THAT wouldn't work. If all the guns were secured that way, BG's would just use a knife to force someone to open their safe and produce a weapon.

Still, this dude is drinking deeply of the Kook-Aide.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Even THAT wouldn't work. If all the guns were secured that way, BG's would just use a knife to force someone to open their safe and produce a weapon.

Still, this dude is drinking deeply of the Kook-Aide.

Okay, okay, retina-scanning adamantium safes with enemy-scanning smart guns and coercion-detecting technology. Sounds reasonable.

Top Bottom