• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    I think retired people shouldn't pay any school taxes, we don't have any children in school and don't plan on having anymore.

The way we fund public schooling needs to change if we want to accomplish that.

Public schools budget from $1000 to $20,000 (or more) per year per student depending on grade and location. (Here it was $24k/yr/child and we have some of the worst results in the country. And they have dropped math, and dropped history, and dropped grade scoring A-F in favor of Pass/Fail.)

My state funds schools thru property taxes, which for me are about $1200/yr with only a fraction of that going to pay for public schools. So basically, I had three kids going to school for 6yrs each on the installment system. The actual cost being spread out over a lifetime.

So if we want to not pay school tax in retirement, then we need to pay the $1k to $20k per child each year they attend. But I think I'd rather end the public school system, end school taxes, and let everybody choose how to educate and pay for their kids.

No more indoctrination, no more CRT abuse, no 1619 Project, no more social justice, no more producing little radicals and marchers for whatever cause is the latest flavor.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom