• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    So I made it last Sunday before a range day. I let my GF and her brother talk me into it,which really didn't take much. It was the first time I've been to any show since covid started. With all my second hand knowledge of recent shows, I came into it with pretty low expectations. In the end I was entertained but not all that impressed.

I saw some dips in AR prices a bit, great modern handgun availability and a few vendors who were competitive. Ammo is still ridiculous at $1/rd for 5.56 ep ammo and the cheapest brick of 22 ammo being some 1990 s thunderbolt for $50/500. Selection was even more sad, zero of numerous common calibers. That could have been a product of going on day 2 but disappointing all the same.

As usual they're were some snack and Nick nack vendors as well as several knife tables. I spotted 1 lonely jug of decades old H414 and some old as dirt projectiles. Absolutely no primers and a guy who had 2 or 3 relatively new powders at around $50 ea. The only thing that caught my eye and some of my money was a guy selling some 9mm ammo with a unique 2 piece case design. I'll post a separate review and thread on that later.

Overall if you're in the market for either vintage or the latest plastic gun, both those genres of firearms were well represented. Otherwise, there were no deals to be had. One guy was ballsy enough to ask $2500 for a VZ2008. Mind you, not a dtechnic but a century built one. Anyhow, still wasn't the worst way to spend an afternoon and at least a few people and vendors showed up to make it a show.
    Lynx Defense

10-96inTexas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2022
    Cooterville
    Gun shows are not what they used to be, but I still like to go. You never know when you might find that one gun you have been searching for. I'm on a new hunt. Looking for a Colt Mk IV Series 70 1911 at a price I can live with. You never know.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    Look around for the smaller shows where parking is not an additional charge.

Pasadena
    Conroe
    Nacadoches

I'm sure there are others.

Yes, there are retards, imbeciles, and arseholes at most gun shows. I see it as entertainment.

I've had to hold my tongue a few times when I've heard people saying things that were either untrue or just wildly inaccurate.
    Oh, well ...

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    I only go to gunshows for the entertainment. In fact, there's one here locally this weekend that I'll check out tomorrow. I'm not expecting a good deal for anything so I just look around.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Anyhow, still wasn't the worst way to spend an afternoon and at least a few people and vendors showed up to make it a show.
    Sunday is almost never a good day at a gun show for attendance. Almost always lots more folks on a Saturday and thus much more of a chance to find a good deal walking in from the parking lot. Happy you enjoyed the show.

Top Bottom