Capitol Armory ad

Taurus Raging Hunter, your thoughts and experience...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    I'm of the buy it and find out for yourself camp. If it turns out to be a turd, you can always sell it.

I haven't seen the Raging Hunters in stock since pre-covid. Gunbroker seems to be the only place that has them.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
    ARJ Defense ad

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I already have a minty 28-2 with a 4 inch barrel in addition to the R8. I'm sticking with 357s. I just want to get into something with a little more barrel length. Those primer pictures are scary though. I may go after another SW.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I already have a minty 28-2 with a 4 inch barrel in addition to the R8. I'm sticking with 357s. I just want to get into something with a little more barrel length. Those primer pictures are scary though. I may go after another SW.
    Fwiw, I don't think any US company is capable of building a consistently good revolver, Colt seems ok from the new examples ive seen, but ive heard some horror stories too. You are best off scouring the used market, or dropping cash on a korth or manurhin.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    If we're throwing out suggestions I'll add a S&W Model 27 with a 8 3/8 barrel. I ran across a pristine pre-lock example years ago that included presentation box, papers, and tools. A buddy had an eye on it but was the hemming and hawing type. I told him if he wasn't going to buy it right then, I would. He chose to buy it. I haven't found its equal...yet.

Dingo

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2021
    DFW
    I have taurus revolvers. Both in 44mag, Have used them for years with no problems. I like them because they function as advertised, I use them for hogs, not safe queens, and the price was right

Attachments

• IMG_8775.jpeg
      IMG_8775.jpeg
      464.5 KB · Views: 28
    • IMG_8773.jpeg
      IMG_8773.jpeg
      422.7 KB · Views: 32

rmantoo

Cranky old fart: Pull my finger
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo
    We have had a Raging Judge Magnum for 4 years. Not quite the same gun, but the same line, and same construction/design, etc. LOVE it.

I'm slowly looking for a Raging Bee (218 bee, super rare) and a Raging 454.

I don't know that they're going to have the same level of long-term collector interest as S&Ws, but the Raging Judges' are selling for $2k or more... about 3X original sale price.

JandK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2021
    Cherokee County
    My father's Taurus 44 mag went back to factory twice and customer service was great. He quickly got away and stuck with his Freedom Arms and Ruger Blackhawks as do I.
    If you handload the Ruger revolvers can handle hotter loads than many other brands,aftermarket support is greater also. Ruger will print impressive groups particularly with handloads,but if you put money into the cylinder it really shines.

Huntsman52

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    San Antonio
    Another option are Dan Wesson revolvers. CZ/Dan Wesson still make barrels and shrouds for them. Great revolver. Can handel any load you throw at them. Can set your own barrel gap to your liking. Most used DW revolvers can be had around 1k.

Top Bottom