• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tremors

Oct 2, 2011
    San Antonio
    Does anyone carry a Taurus Public Defender as an EDC ? I just picked one up for a good price. I shot the Judge in the past but will be shooting this one soon.

BG1960

Well-Known
    Nov 9, 2008
    Unincorporated East Harris County
    I have a PD as a truck gun. I have, on occasion, carried it just because. I haven't had any issues with mine other than it didn't like some Federal shotshells. I run PDX-1's in it. It's amazingly accurate with Winchester Silvertips. One thing you can do is get a longer grip from Taurus. That extra bit really helped my grip. Video with info : Click

TexasCajun

Aug 17, 2012
    Houston area
    I guess that by now someone has figured out a problem for those types of gun. But concealed carry isn't one - at least as far as I know. Lots of better options for carry.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Give me a Hipoint or Bersa over a Taurus any day. Grant it, I would trust the revolvers more, but man these guns are sketchy.

My opinion is only anecdotal based. 11 years of teaching over a thousand CHL students, and nearly as many security students over 15 years, I have never had a Hi point in class that did not experience a major mechanical malfunction. One Bersa out of many made it.....

For me, I will never own any of em. :)

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    My opinion is only anecdotal based. 11 years of teaching over a thousand CHL students, and nearly as many security students over 15 years, I have never had a Hi point in class that did not experience a major mechanical malfunction. One Bersa out of many made it.....

Well, that's something we can both agree on. :) I will never own any either.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Anybody know what they are saying.

I wonder of it's "I did trigger job on my Taurus".

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Anybody know what they are saying.

I wonder of it's "I did trigger job on my Taurus".

I don't know what they are saying, but I believe these are PD guns that they were recording a problem with.

Here is the English description of the video:

The Taurus pistol model 24/7 it's the standard of all police departments in Brazil.
    This incredible video shows a very dangerous malfunction in the gun, what make it fire with no pull in the trigger, even if it locked.
    Very impressive. We have a noticed several accidents like this in the entire country. A dozen of police officers was reported wounded.
    To see more acesse the brazilian's police web magazine blitz digital.com.br.

Last edited:

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    I have several Taurus semi-auto pistols, and all have been great shooters. They are good guns at a decent price.

That said, I wouldn't carry a Public Defender as an everyday concealed carry weapon for obvious reasons.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    Revolvers are good, but semi auto, meh. Wouldn't stake my life on it.

Sent From This Tablet They Call A Phone, The G Flex

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge

I concur. Of the thousands of students I have had on the range, I too have never had a hi-point make it through a 50 round course of fire.

Teufel Hunden

BANNED!!!
    Sep 14, 2020
    Texas
    Am super stoked about this Judge!...if still available, I'd love to hear from you...SF...USMCRD SD Delta Co plt 1085 1991

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom