• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chuckybrown

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2009
    I recently began looking for a newer sub-compact size gun that fit well inside the waist band. I've got all the usual pistols we all have, from full size .45 autos, down to a NAA .22 magnum revolver.

After doing alot of online research, and visiting several gun shops, I finally picked up a Taurus PT 709. I've read alot of pro's and con's, especially on taurusarmed.net, and paid $379 at Academey last weekend.

My first task was taking it apart, all the way down to the trigger assembly. The gun was full of white grease, and needed a thorough cleaning, including removing the firing pin.

After re-assembling the pistol, it was time to give it a try. I used some inexpensive Monarch FMJ. It gobbled up several clips without a problem. Accuracy was incredible for an out of the box pistol, grouping at 2" without a problem at 10 yards. The trigger had some travel, but broke very smoothly, and reset was acceptable.

I took it back inside for yet another thorough cleaning, as it was getting dark, and got it ready for another day and more rounds.

So, if you're considering a smaller pistol, I'd suggesting taking a look at this nice little piece. For the money, it's a winner in my opinion.
    Target Sports

Top Bottom