• ...and so much more!
  • sucker76

Don't let the username fool you
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 15, 2015
    Lake Jackson
    You know my city wasn't too bad but...
    This doesn't tell the whole story. I have a whole house filter that is before the house. It sits outside in a box and is piped from where water utility comes up from the ground to the corrugated sediment/containment filter then to the house. I change that filter every 6 months. It goes in white and comes out dark brown and you can scrape the mud off the filter element with your finger. GROSS!

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    We've been using the pitcher type filters for years. I have no idea how effective they are in removing contaminants, but it definitely improves the taste of tap water.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    We have 2 RO units in the house. 1 under the sink for coffee and tea, and 1 behind the refrigerator for the ice maker and water dispensor.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    We've been using the pitcher type filters for years. I have no idea how effective they are in removing contaminants, but it definitely improves the taste of tap water.

Boss, I'd highly recommend a 'PPM meter'. They can be had for $15. We also use one of those pitcher filters. I tested it.

The Part Per Million of the tap water here is reduced by 5 points. It commonly measures around 200ppm. Once the chlorine gasses off. It'll drop a couple points. Passed through the pitcher it's around 195ppm.

That pitcher filter isn't worth a Damn except for better taste. It's not filtering out anything.

Top Bottom