• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo
    I'm interested in learning what suggestions you guys might have for holster and magazine carriers (pistol only) in regards to tactical training. Shooting on the move would be the primary discipline. It will also include multiple targets, reloading, strong hand and weak hand ect... Brand names and specific types would be helpful. Thanks in Advance.....Frank
    Texas SOT

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    I use Comp-Tac International holsters for my match holsters. As far as mag holders....it depends on the cartridge.

For 9mm double stack I really like these two.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-...var=463172032408&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

It will hold every 9mm double stack mag I've tried it with. I also love the cant adjustment.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/IPSC-USPSA...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

These are also great mag carriers. I've got half a dozen of them.

I'm still searching for the best single stack mag carrier and one for my XDM .45 mags.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Serpa is hot garbage. Theres a reason why tons of ranges and instructiors ban them. Not only can the holster itself lead to an ND, the holster is very susceptible to dirt and debris, and being a single piece design, it can get the the point where you have to destroy the holster to remove the gun. The Serpa plate mounting is very weak, and can be broken with very little effort

Safariland is the way to go for OWB active retention. If you don't want retention, there are tons of options.

For mag pouches, i really like esstac kiwi's. HSGI tacos are also good, as are Gcode scorpions

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Have a preference for Safariland holsters for open carry/duty work as well as their mag holders.

I typically CC in a Wilson Combat leather OWB holster with a spare magazine in my pocket for my G19

And my Seecamp typically rides in my back pocket where my wallet would go with a spare mag in my front pocket.

I used to teach/train all of the tacticool stuff but realized it would be more beneficial to just teach everyday concealment defeating techniques to what the majority of folks who carry everyday end up carrying most of the time.

Hint; It is not a G19 or other full size pistol.

It is a LCP type pocket pistol.

Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo
    Have a preference for Safariland holsters for open carry/duty work as well as their mag holders.

I typically CC in a Wilson Combat leather OWB holster with a spare magazine in my pocket for my G19

And my Seecamp typically rides in my back pocket where my wallet would go with a spare mag in my front pocket.

I used to teach/train all of the tacticool stuff but realized it would be more beneficial to just teach everyday concealment defeating techniques to what the majority of folks who carry everyday end up carrying most of the time.

Hint; It is not a G19 or other full size pistol.

It is a LCP type pocket pistol.
    Good post Hoji! Thanks

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    Check with your instructor. No sense in buying a lot of stuff if it’s not what you need for the class. Safariland makes the best. I would go eagle for the mag pouches but get the plastic retention style mag pouches and not the soft ones.

Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo
    Check with your instructor. No sense in buying a lot of stuff if it’s not what you need for the class. Safariland makes the best. I would go eagle for the mag pouches but get the plastic retention style mag pouches and not the soft ones.
    Thanks Mike! I'm taking private lessons and the instructor has told me to use what ever I feel comfortable with. I have a good stock of high dollar leather holsters and a few decent mag carriers.

El Spicoli

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2019
    Grand Prairie
    Some ranges forbid the Serpa holster. Train how you carry. For me, that would be an appendix holster. If you typically carry OWB or IWB, be sure to have a cover shirt unless you typically OC.
    Mag holders are mag holders in my opinion and are not too tactical

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom