• SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    J&G sales has police turn in M-3 lights for $49 I believe which will fill your needs. Look up their website if interested.

Are those the old Insight/Streamlight M3's though, the incandescent ones? There are LED conversion heads for them but, that would bring it back up to about $100+ invested. The incandescent ones are prone to really, really, easy bulb breakage.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I have a Nebo Protec Elite HP190 light. It's an LED that puts out 180 lumens with a real easy to use switch. The "on" position is right where you would naturally rest your finger in the off-trigger position. Click it on once and it is a solid beam. If you turn it off and turn it back on, it switches over to strobe. The entire thing is made out of aluminum, so you don't really notice any weight at all with it. I've put about 400 rounds through my pistol so far with it mounted, and even on once for a night-fire and that sucker is still going strong. When I picked it up, they were about 20 bucks, but I've noticed they've jumped up closer to 40 bucks now. Still a damn good light for the money. Walmart sells them as well as Amazon.

Nebo 5569 ProTec Elite HP190 High-Powered Firearm Light - Amazon.com

Rugerista

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Are those the old Insight/Streamlight M3's though, the incandescent ones? There are LED conversion heads for them but, that would bring it back up to about $100+ invested. The incandescent ones are prone to really, really, easy bulb breakage.

I posted the link above. M3 are older technology but might fill your needs for nigh stand gun at a discount. I know they were widely used by police and military.

SL_Eng

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2011
    PA
    SHOT 2013 was very busy...

Current production TLR-1 and TLR-2 now 300 lumens and same run time.

TLR-1 HL 630 lumens/12,000cd/1.25hrs continuous run time...fits existing TLR-1 holsters. Beta tested by various PDs last fall. Shipping Feb (waiting on packaging)
    TLR-2 HL 630 lumems/12,000cd/1.25hrs continuous run time...fits existing TLR-2 holsters. Shipping Feb (packaging)

For those wanting a green laser in a TLR-2 footprint...200 lumens...1.5 hours light only/1.25 hours light/laser and 9 hours laser only. Single CR123 battery due to the larger size of the green laser. April shipping I think.

For those night hunters out there...TLR-1 Game Spotter for hog hunting and the like...dedicated green LED (150 lumens) in a TLR-1 HP footprint. Beta tested last year. The hunters said the hogs could tell something was not right...that was until they got shot. Obviously no comments from the hogs!

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Wow, some of those would make good rifle lights. Good stuff for outdoors.

I don't know if I want to flip the switch on 600+ lumens indoors, though. Everybody winds up blinded in that one!!

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Wow, some of those would make good rifle lights. Good stuff for outdoors.

I don't know if I want to flip the switch on 600+ lumens indoors, though. Everybody winds up blinded in that one!!

But what if we wanna give those attackers skin cancer when we activate the weapon light?! ;)

Top Bottom