• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Got a set of Danner Tanicus Dry in coyote for TXSG duty. AR 670-1 compliant, well built, and light. So far no complaints, but I have yet to put them through any real challenges. They appear to be up for the task though...

55317?wid=2000&hei=2000.jpg

I actually also have a set of Condor Gordon boots I picked up cheap from L.A. Police Supply. For $29.95 plus shipping, they are almost disposable; however they are comfy and I have worn them for light duty. I don't expect much out of them, but so far they are holding up pretty well. I would never wear them in the field; but for garrison duty, they're up for the challenge.

condor-238002-gordon-combat-boot__91971.1571411288.JPG

Attachments

• 55317?wid=2000&hei=2000.jpg
      55317?wid=2000&hei=2000.jpg
      561.9 KB · Views: 587

Gilbertc13

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 27, 2018
    Katy
    I can tell you not to go with academies side zipper 60$ one or walmarts I've gone through both pairs in but 6 months I have yet to find something I can jog in a few times a week and have it not break down. Gonna partially hijack and ask in particular has anyone jogged in any boots that dont rip up?

5.11 Atlas boots. I ran in them in the academy everyday for 6 months. I just bought a second pair as a back up but the first ones are still holding up great. Only thing is they’re roughly $170. They don’t take a shine and fit more like a tennis shoe than a pair of boots. Worth the money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I can still do man work in my trusty vans. I get 6 months or 6000 miles out of them, whichever comes first

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Hmmm, I wouldn't have any toes left if I wore Vans to work, Hammers, boards, tools etc. Not to mention Vans would kill my feet wearing them for ten hours on ladders and concrete.

Tactical boots are protective,breathable and supportive enough to wear them all day at jobs that demand allot.

I've been through at least 30 pairs f Vans in my younger days. They're essentially boating shoes with some extra protection for ollie scuffing.

cjtexas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2009
    West Texas
    I gave up on side zips for all the reasons stated. I went with Belleville (100%USA), metal detector friendly, they get uncomfortable after 12-14 hours of production support, 14 hours moving is ok. Had them 10 months, about a dozen installs, I probably crawl 30% during installs. Theyve held up well, $125. Toes will still buff out, it’s only Tuesday so we’ll see what fun happens today

Attachments

• F1230724-D3C7-4C5A-BF53-834928709022.jpeg
      F1230724-D3C7-4C5A-BF53-834928709022.jpeg
      2 MB · Views: 382
    • EF29BDB4-BB3A-4871-8BCF-0183E03345F8.jpeg
      EF29BDB4-BB3A-4871-8BCF-0183E03345F8.jpeg
      1.4 MB · Views: 377
    • 173352EE-0143-4F87-B921-83917ED074E5.jpeg
      173352EE-0143-4F87-B921-83917ED074E5.jpeg
      1.6 MB · Views: 358

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Factory seconds Danner hot weather boots. Found some for $40 several years ago and bought four pair. I'll be a set for awhile as these are really durable boots. Only downside is they smell like crayon farts...
    View attachment 222687

Those are The RAT (rugged all terrain) . Very good boots, my most comfortable ones, a bit on the heavy side but tough and comfy. It's too bad, I think they stopped making them.

Had mine for 6 years or so, been through allot and still going strong.
    nymKanz.jpg

Attachments

• nymKanz.jpg
      nymKanz.jpg
      897.6 KB · Views: 491
    Last edited:

equin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    Waxahachie, TX
    I can tell you not to go with academies side zipper 60$ one or walmarts I've gone through both pairs in but 6 months I have yet to find something I can jog in a few times a week and have it not break down. Gonna partially hijack and ask in particular has anyone jogged in any boots that dont rip up?

I trained in and jogged through a 10K run-n-gun biathlon in a pair of Garmont 8” T8 NFS boots. They’re light, and feel almost like a sneaker, but with an 8” shaft that helps protect my weak left ankle. They’ve held up for a couple years now, but I don’t wear them that often. They are hot, though.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    Lowa, Asolo, Salomon
    This is a tough trio to beat.

I do like Belleville boots but last pair I ordered ended up being cancelled so LAPG.com offered me a nice pair of Solomon’s for same price so I took them and they are excellent.

I like to keep three pairs of work boots in service at all times, one pair is my “beat to crap around my property” boots, one is my “Boonie bopping stuff” boots, and the third is my “respectable and mostly clean” pair.

I’m still wearing a pair of 13 year lid Belvilles (last pair I bought on active duty in 2009) that I recently glued the tread down on one boot. They’re my “chores when it’s muddy and shitty around the house” boots.

I also have an 8 year old pair of Rockys that have been through the wringer and still good...their purpose is working out on friends ranches, range shooting, boonies wandering, etc.

The Solomons are for work, casual wear, etc...in garrison type duty.

I use “Super Feet” inserts and replace them every few years.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    So, they were 2 years old when you bought them 11 years ago?

Sonovabeach! Dang public math...LOL! I bought them one year prior to retiring from active duty in 2010.

These days, I generally wear flip flops or sneakers. Before COVID, I went to work in a work-casual leather shoe except for Friday, which was dress down and I wore combat boots and cargo pants. But I wore combat boots for 28 years almost every day, and the one thing I can tell you...good boots are important, AND excellent insoles are the key!

Bottom line, all three pairs of these boots have served me well thus far. The Belleville’s are getting to the end of their life, but they are fine for spreading topsoil and working in the crap. When they finally go, the Danners will replace them.

The Danners are good enough that they will hold up for another few years of boonie bopping until I pitch the Belleville’s.

At that point, I’ll be looking for another new pair, as the Solomons start seeing more field work.

Another great tip...like great tires and shocks on your truck, good insoles like these can improve performance and comfort...and turn decent boots into comfortable hiking and working gear:

www.superfeet.com
    image.jpg

Last edited:
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom