• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Many folks aren’t feeling well.
    Or the gradual change over many years is deemed “you’re getting old” and it’s just accepted.

Adding T was life-changing for me. I don’t know anyone else’s situation tho.

How can you simply state “I'd advise against it. I wouldn't order it, if I was your doctor” without have any information, no data about his health, to base this on?”

You’re not a doctor, but I wouldn’t want a doc who came to conclusions without even looking at my condition...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PS is right. You don't necessarily feel "bad" with low T. And the effects occur very slowly over time.

You don't realize how much muscle mass or endurance you have lost until the effects have already become substantial.

Trouble is, when you are old (like me), it takes a long, long time to regain that muscle and endurance. May never get back to where I was.
    Lynx Defense

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    But sometimes things can work more optimally than what we’ve come to accept as normal.
    All doctors must help patients understand "What is the definition of 'healthy'?" Health is more than just the absence of disease and pain.

How much more is something each patient must decide, with professional guidance, for themselves.

This question generally plus my T levels, my outlook on life, and myriad other factors are all things I'm struggling with at the moment. I can definitely see multiple sides to multiple questions.

pipe dreams

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2017
    South TX
    I think the OP was looking for ways to get his levels check and more information about hormone therapy. So I have provided my experiences dealing with my own health conditions. I have never abused steroids. I had never taking any kind of PED before a doctor put me on therapy. I had a number of doctors tell me that I had depression and they wanted to put me on antidepressants. I refused that, knowing that I wasn't depressed. Finally, a new doctor checked all my hormone lwverl and total test levels were below 300. Started therapy and it was a complete change in my health and well being.
    Also if someone did abuse steroids at one time, that doesn't mean they shouldn't be able to get help for their body no longer making it's on natural hormones .
    If the OP needs any help finding a lab for blood work I can help. Also if you need a clinic that will work with you then I know of one, and I have talked to a lot of them, most just want your money. I am fortunate that the VA is taking care of this for me now.

Last edited:

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I called the AnyTestNow lab here in town.
    I can get T and Free T levels tested for about $120
    Cash and carry.
    I think I'm going to get it done just to satisfy my curiosity

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Someone (maybe you) keeps repeating this statement.

But what do you have to lose if you aren’t producing enough anyway? You’ll never make any more than you do today.

By not supplementing, you’re never going to reap the benefits regardless.

It’s like having a bucket with a hole halfway down the side. You’re never going to maintain water above that hole.

But you can add a supplemental hose that will fill the bucket faster than you’re losing it from the hole...so I’m not understanding the argument that “if you remove the supplemental hose you’ll never be able to maintain a full bucket.” You were never going to get there regardless.

Sorry for the bad example, it’s the best Whiskey allowed me to come up with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I keep repeating it too because I've seen the same info. Sure the hole in the bucket half way up is bad, but if starting testosterone treatments means putting a hole in the bottom of the bucket, so that if the overflow hose is ever removed, then you're left with less than you started with, then that could be a bad thing.

Think about it this way, the places that test and tell you you need testosterone are places that have a business that is 99% testosterone sales. Kind of like the cigarette companies that used to tell us how more doctors preferred their brand of smokes. Of course now we know that cigarettes aren't as good for you or harmless as they made them out to be.

Who's to say that these testosterone shots aren't going to follow a similar path?

pipe dreams

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2017
    South TX
    My therapy is from the head of endocrinology clinic at one of the largest VA hospitals in the country. They don't just push out test. to everyone. In fact they try their hardest to find a reason for the low T. Test replacement is their last action. I also have care from a top urologist clinic. They also are not a aging clinic. I'll say again, testosterone therapy does not have to be permanent and you can take things as part of therapy (hcg) to ensure your body doesn't suppress it's natural T production. Also a peptide (part of an amino acid chain) can restore the bodies testosterone production, if it was producing on its own before treatment. Of course one can't expect it to be higher level then before treatmen, but should be the same.
    It is a well know scientific fact that males test. levels have drastically declined over the past 50 years. I have my own educated guess that it is a combination of factors. Diet, sedietary, chemicals in food and products, life style, stress, booze, and behavior/attitude.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Figured I would follow up here. I finally gave in and started the shots about 6 weeks ago. Found a reputable place that is more about doing it right than just billing the insurance for one more customer. They're even monitoring cholesterol for me since they're drawing blood anyway.

I will admit I do feel much better. Energy levels are back to where they should be.

ByrdMan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Wasilla, AK
    Same here. I've been on it for about 2 1/2 months. I feel great and am looking much better. I had symptoms, got tested and started. My insurance doesn't cover the therapy so I have to pay for the testosterone but it's only about $37 a month using GoodRX. That includes syringes and draw needles.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I keep repeating it too because I've seen the same info. Sure the hole in the bucket half way up is bad, but if starting testosterone treatments means putting a hole in the bottom of the bucket, so that if the overflow hose is ever removed, then you're left with less than you started with, then that could be a bad thing.

Think about it this way, the places that test and tell you you need testosterone are places that have a business that is 99% testosterone sales. Kind of like the cigarette companies that used to tell us how more doctors preferred their brand of smokes. Of course now we know that cigarettes aren't as good for you or harmless as they made them out to be.

Who's to say that these testosterone shots aren't going to follow a similar path?

When your T level is below min, what the heck are you supposed to do? I can tell you that you don't want to ignore it, because the effects are very bad and they will only get worse.

I went to an independent blood test lab to get the work done. They don't sell any drugs nor are they affiliated with a company selling drugs. They just perform testing. The doctor's office testing verified their results. I saw the results personally.

I would not recommend anyone with normal T levels taking testosterone treatment. But I would NEVER recommend anyone with below normal levels to ignore it. That is just plain stupid.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    For all you guys with low T:
    Mr-T-social.jpg

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    When your T level is below min, what the heck are you supposed to do?

Be a stubborn old fart about it of course. Besides, since the symptoms set in gradually over time, it's not like you notice them.

Besides, I'm good at stubborn, but not afraid to admit when I'm wrong.

Top Bottom