• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    >

I became a big “suspenders” fan while I was overweight and out-of-shape, admttedly.

But, now relatively slim & trim, in much better muscular shape, I find that I still “need” the suspenders when carrying.

Today’s suspenders are of much greater quaity, strength, utility, & comfort than earlier.

From “lawyer’s braces”, we now have everything from “fireman’s suspenders” to other very tough specialty items. Also attachments, colors, sizes/widths, etc. are available with many choices.

I use/wear these in two manners:

Usual “EDC” informal mode: heavy color-coordinated T-shirt, tucked, suspenders, covered by colored “fshing shirt” and cargo pants, shorts, or jeans.

Or, color-coordnated suspenders over both undershirt & tucked shirt.

These both “lighten the load” and distribute weight, while stabilizing everything.

I even had a set to keep my hip boots (“waders”) up in the marsh.

see: https://www.suspenderstore.com/

or visit other vendors on-line.

The variety of choices now available is astounding.

This is one of those “Try it, you WILL like it” deals.

leVieux
    Hurley's Gold

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    What are those single straps to hold up pants? You know, the ones that are worn diagonally across the chest and back?

Dadgum, the words escape me at the moment but I figure maybe a suspender aficionado will know.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The ones like the Mounties used for their 20# Webley-Scott revolvers?

Called a “Sam Brown” rig.

1673186825681.jpeg

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Sam Brown tends to droop off the shoulder if you don't have a snap epaulet to hold it up. Or maybe I just have droopy shoulders.

ETA - I have these (Perry brand), & unless I add a piece of Velcro or a bread wrapper tie where they "clip" to my belt, they fall off when I drop my drawers. I wouldn't buy 'em again. Amazon product ASIN B0003DKW6Q

Last edited:

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sam Brown tends to droop off the shoulder if you don't have a snap epaulet to hold it up. Or maybe I just have droopy shoulders.

ETA - I have these (Perry brand), & unless I add a piece of Velcro or a bread wrapper tie where they "clip" to my belt, they fall off when I drop my drawers. I wouldn't buy 'em again. Amazon product ASIN B0003DKW6Q
    Try the “firemen’s suspenders” from Suspender Store; get the ones which have little needle-teeth in the clips. If applied properly, they don’t let go.

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    These posts really make me think.

I'm thinking I need to stop hoarding "quotation marks" now, so that I don't have to use like 20 of them in every post I make in a few years years.

As far as "suspenders" go, I just buy a sturdy belt that fits and if sh!t starts to sag, I tighten it a notch. Problem solved.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    These posts really make me think.

I'm thinking I need to stop hoarding "quotation marks" now, so that I don't have to use like 20 of them in every post I make in a few years years.

As far as "suspenders" go, I just buy a sturdy belt that fits and if sh!t starts to sag, I tighten it a notch. Problem solved.
    >

OK, enjoy your suffering.

That was exactly my point !

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm a big fan of the Perry Ubee suspenders. Two points of contact where you need them most, and easy to tuck under a shirt.

Perry Suspenders Men's Elastic Outback Side Clip Trucker Suspenders https://a.co/d/cy957Ox
    Those I use are virtually identical except they use these non-slip belt clips; these clips do not damage pants:

SUSPENDERS​

-2.gif

Top Bottom