• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • citizen_zero

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    North of DFW
    Didn’t know where else to post this so if it’s in the wrong spot feel free to move it or delete it

I came across one on my local Facebook marketplace for $15 in really good condition and bought
    it because, well, surefire. It’s an old incandescent bulb model and know I can upgrade with a Malkoff head, which is what I will do if I keep it.

I’m doing some Googling I’m seeing lots of different models and some are selling for a helluva lot of green. Anybody have any idea of what these things are worth? I suppose there’s a market for anything with the Surefire name.

378597885aff858ee3d41fbca698e2d9.jpg

9c36e06db736f5ab3bc5542a8040dce6.jpg

7318af79e50aa10ad97ea5599328626f.jpg

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Nice light. I stumbled across 3 of these at a garage sale

50 Max lumens - wooooo boy that was a bright one back around 2000 or so. And it cost a pretty penny to get that kind of output. I think around 2006, I bought a Glock WML that was 60 lumens, running an incandescent bulb.

I also had a Cabela's XPS Xenon bulb hand held that literally melted the sheath when it got accidentally activated. My side felt really hot all of a sudden, I look down and think my shirt is smoking - only it wasn't my shirt, it was the flash light pouch that literally was melting and smoldering. Good times!

Now, Walmart is selling 700 lumen Energizer lights for $30.

I just replaced my trusty Streamlight EDC / duty carry light this week - its 600 lumens wasn't enough for what I needed it to do at work. I snagged a Fenix that puts out 1700 lumens. If I had these lights back then, I'd have been in frickin' heaven.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Yep 60 lumin was like the sun out at midnight. Lol. I think it was 70 bucks in the late 90s too.

Found a lot of drugs with a 60 lumen scorpion. Melted a couple pouches and burned a hole in several uniform shirts. Bought replacement lenses by the dozen. Those suckers got hot. Sucked up batteries by the wheelbarrow full.

Now days 60 lumin is the low power setting that will last days. Lol

TXAdj.....

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2023
    Burleson, TX
    Bumping up the ol' post count? What are you planning to sell?!? ;) ;)
    Well, I do like those lights; I'm all about the vintage. I used to have one and should have kept it. Too bad they don't make it anymore. And to answer your question, custom AR-15 and NIB Glock 19 Gen. 5. A buddy said this is a much better site than Texas Gun Trader; it's full of illiterates, retards, con artists, lowballers, tire kickers and scammers.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Well, I do like those lights; I'm all about the vintage. I used to have one and should have kept it. Too bad they don't make it anymore. And to answer your question, custom AR-15 and NIB Glock 19 Gen. 5. A buddy said this is a much better site than Texas Gun Trader; it's full of illiterates, retards, con artists, lowballers, tire kickers and scammers.

Wait, so THIS site is full of illiterates, retards, con artists, lowballers, tire kickers and scammers? I would have to take issue with that sir, we may be retards, we may be illiterate, some are certainly tire kickers, but I do believe we're not scammers, con artists, and besides those of us originally from the Pacific Northwest, where low balling has a very different meaning than offering less than something's value - this is a great group of people and we probably only all share 25% matching DNA at the most. Some of us with roots in Oklahoma, maybe a bit more. But this is still a good bunch of people! :roflfunny:

Now those fuckers at Texas Gun Trader, they have some scammers, a bunch of time wasters, and some folks taking really bad (or really good, depending on persepctive) drugs with how some of their shit is priced.

Hopefully you're here for more than the minimum number of posts to sell your stuff. You *could* hit the easy button and make the donation, and you can list it post hate without digging up older threads, FYI.

TXAdj.....

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2023
    Burleson, TX
    Wait, so THIS site is full of illiterates, retards, con artists, lowballers, tire kickers and scammers? I would have to take issue with that sir, we may be retards, we may be illiterate, some are certainly tire kickers, but I do believe we're not scammers, con artists, and besides those of us originally from the Pacific Northwest, where low balling has a very different meaning than offering less than something's value - this is a great group of people and we probably only all share 25% matching DNA at the most. Some of us with roots in Oklahoma, maybe a bit more. But this is still a good bunch of people! :roflfunny:

Now those fuckers at Texas Gun Trader, they have some scammers, a bunch of time wasters, and some folks taking really bad (or really good, depending on persepctive) drugs with how some of their shit is priced.

Hopefully you're here for more than the minimum number of posts to sell your stuff. You *could* hit the easy button and make the donation, and you can list it post hate without digging up older threads, FYI.
    First off, I was referring to Texas gun trader when I listed out all of those descriptive names, not this site. You might want to go back and reread my post. And the phrase that you’re so desperately searching for at the end of your rant is post haste, not post hate. I have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about when you refer to easy buttons and donations and digging up older threads. I just joined yesterday. And I don’t donate anything. I am also wondering how the reasons I am on here or if I have anything to sell or whatever concerns you or affects you in any way? The next time you want to fly off the handle on somebody, you might want to know what you’re talking about first. Just FYI

Last edited:

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    First off, I was referring to Texas gun trader when I listed out all of those descriptive names, not this site. You might want to go back and reread my post. And the phrase that you’re so desperately searching for at the end of your rant is post haste, not post hate. I have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about when you refer to easy buttons and donations and digging up older threads. I just joined yesterday. And I don’t donate anything. I am also wondering how the reasons I am on here or if I have anything to sell or whatever concerns you or affects you in any way? The next time you want to fly off the handle on somebody, you might want to know what you’re talking about first. Just FYI

Boy, you're gonna last a long time around here. You might wanna learn what sarcasm is. Maybe spend some time reading through the forum before posting a bunch to hit that minimum number to sell stuff. Grow a thicker skin and learn what teasing is.

The "easy button" is joining the forum as a paid member. Hit that big red "donate now" button down at the bottom. Paid members get instant access to posting shit for sale. Cost is $10.

I'll honestly be surprised if your membership lasts long enough to get anything sold, if this is how you're going to be. Wouldn't be the first new member to get nuked within a day or two. This is a discussion forum that happens to have a classifieds section - its not a classified board that happens to have a discussion forum attached. Its usually crystal clear when a new member is here just to sell whatever shit they have, because they will make minimal contributions to the discussions and take no time to learn the vibe of the forum before jumping in. They get the required number, post a bunch of shit, and disappear. Thats if they don't flame out prior and get banned before.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Here ya go. After reading your reply to @Sasquatch this is the only appropriate reply I can muster. Use it and feel better.

1693717449934.jpeg

thescoutranch

TN Transplant - We love living in TX
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    Dude, what the hell?

I did read your post, and it could be construed either way.

“A buddy said this is a much better site than Texas Gun Trader; it's full of illiterates, retards, con artists, lowballers, tire kickers and scammers.”

If you had replaced your semicolon with the word “which”, it would’ve read much more clear what your meeting was. By using a semicolon, you’re connecting the second sentence back to the primary subject of the first sentence, which was “this site”.

Did you read his post? He understood what you were saying was poking a little fun at it because it was not clear who you were referring to. I believe it was clearly humorous and friendly, i’m not sure how you made the leap to classify it was a rant; did you not see his :roflfunny: at the bottom of the paragraph?

As far as his spelling mistake, it’ll be a miracle if you find anyone on here who has not done a similar spelling mistake. (Hate instead of haste).

Your reply to his post, definitely fit the rant classification that you accused him of doing.

Per you:
    “I have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about when you refer to easy buttons and donations and digging up older threads. I just joined yesterday.”

Maybe you could ask the poster what he meant, instead of assuming what he meant and taking offense at it.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Who is this buddy that you claim to know here? The one you said suggested you join...

You're sure not making any friends with your acerbic style I assure you.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom