Patriot Mobile

Suppressor options for 7“ barrel (300 blk)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • unicom

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2016
    The fact that the omega cam with both mounts was one of the main reasons why I bought it for my sbr. Sadly you do have to by more if you want to put it on other rifles. But I believe that’s with most if not all cans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Target Sports

unicom

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2016
    Thanks for the link... looks like they don't even make the SpecWars anymore... and those mounts are $92 /sob... That being said, been looking for a multicaliber pistol can, and the hybrid 46 looks pretty intriguing...

Check out dead air .45 ghost

tact

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2014
    Presidio
    I use a Saker on my 300 BO. It’s a 30 cal can which can be used on any 30 cal rifle as well as my 5.56 rifles.

562d0eafdcf45e9edc7c2e8625d72dfe.jpg

Attachments

• 562d0eafdcf45e9edc7c2e8625d72dfe.jpg
      562d0eafdcf45e9edc7c2e8625d72dfe.jpg
      155.6 KB · Views: 869
    Last edited:

Tactical Panda

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2019
    DFW
    Good choice on can in my humble opinion.

Thanks. I was back and forth between that and the Trash Panda. What ultimately sold me was that SS only had the Omega in stock.

The OmegaK 45 also caught my eye. Might be my second can. The addiction is already taking hold, lol.

Joshua - Capitol Armory

Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2015
    One thing to keep in mind, and you chose wisely, is minimum barrel length is something the manufacturer says. There's no science or validity to a lot of it. For example, Q cans will blow up and catastrophically FAST on short barrels. The Omega did far, far, far, far better. SilencerCo Saker is a more durable can than the Sandman series from Dead Air. Saker has barrel restrictions, Sandman doesn't. It's different companies basically making things up for marketing... the only way to really know is talk to someone that has blown them up and run cans until failure to actually see what they can do.

That's not to bash any companies... no one is running 10,000 rounds a day of frangible ammo through a 7.5" M16 to see baffle erosion on a Sandman-S... Again, testing things to failure. It's like saying one truck sucks because if you drive it for 10 hours straight at 120mph it will break, versus another that can drive 14 hours straight at 120mph. Both cases are not realistic...

It shows a lot of issues that normal shooters won't see--- which is exactly what some companies are betting on.

unicom

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2016
    Thanks. I was back and forth between that and the Trash Panda. What ultimately sold me was that SS only had the Omega in stock.

The OmegaK 45 also caught my eye. Might be my second can. The addiction is already taking hold, lol.

Not to worry. It only gets worse

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I think my AAC upper is actually 9" but that's close enough to yours.is really

It is really quiet through my AAC 300SD can but varies with ammo.

I have an impression, not based on any real science...

Some ammo manufacturers load sub-sonic 300 BLK with fast burning powders that is consumed prior to the proijectile exiting the muzzle and entering the can. Those seem quieter to me. The slower burning powders create a visible muzzle flash without the can and those rounds seem louder with the can mounted.

I may be crazy but I still could be right?

Ammo through a short suppressed barrel involves some trial and error to achieve the desired result.

All 300BLK is pretty low intensity and not hard on suppressors but I'd be hesitant to shoot it through pistol cans.

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I know some 9mm cans support 300BO, but they may have a minimum barrel length and subsonic only.

Most cans are seriously over engineered.

An AAC M4-2000 5.56 suppressor can withstand a 220 grain 300BLK round shot right through it without ill effect.
    Twice in 15 seconds.

Embarrassingly, ask me how I know!!!
    A bit of brass jacket material from the 220gr 300BLK projectile somehow got sucked back into the AAC 12.5" upper rom within the can's baffles and lodged in the left-side-upper recess where the carrier cam-pin comes to rest and seriously froze the bolt carrier's ability to move rearward. That is what that little subtly convexity is in the left side of an AR15 upper.

And I could not even blame ethanol. Just highly consequential inattention.

Last edited:

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    Most cans are seriously over engineered.

An AAC M4-2000 5.56 suppressor can withstand a 220 grain 300BLK round shot right through it without ill effect.
    Twice in 15 seconds.

Embarrassingly, ask me how I know!!!

Generally over engineered, I would agree to mostly.

Now the 300BO rounds through a 5.56 suppressor.... DOH!

I do have a ACC TM-300 so I don’t have to worry about that.
    My 5.56 suppressor could thread onto a 9mm rifle, but I am putting specific muzzle devices for the Octane 9. The octane 45 will have something a bit different.

So we need to hear the story on the 300BO and the ACC M4-2000.

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    So we need to hear the story on the 300BO and the ACC M4-2000.

Just seriously succumbed to a highly consequential inattention.
    I added a bit of detail to the post above.

Yes, shot two 30 rounds through a 5.56 can and both the can and I survived to shoot again

My solution was to buddy-up to one of the employees down in the instrument sterilizing department at work. They have some colored tape (I scored bright red) that is used to flag surgical instruments that can withstand many high temperature autoclave cycles.
    The 3 circumferential bright red bands around both of my AAC 5.56 cans serve as a reminder to think twice or thrice about what rifle it's being mounted upon.

I was always bothered by the simple bad-design fact that 5.56 and 7.62 AAC suppressors both mount to precisely the same 51-T muzzle device.

You know the old adage "Nothing is foolproof because fool are so clever"?

I figure good Karma come from owning up to foibles and failings and misdeeds.
    I'll take all the Karma I can get. Saving it for my next life.

Last edited:

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    ...So as long as I don’t thread a rimfire can onto a .223/5.56 firearm I should have most of the other bases covered.

My SilencerCo 22lr Sparrow is rated for my 5.7x28 pistol and PS90 (with 90% the chamber pressure of SAAMI .223 rounds) though I have no intention of finding out if it would withstand a .223 or 5.56 muzzle blast.

If anyone has an anecdote I'd love to hear of it.

Einstein probably never said it but he gets credit for some of our actions.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Top Bottom