• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Darqhelmet

You had one job, one.
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2018
    Kaufman County
    Congrats. I hope the wait doesn’t drive you crazy.

Every time I think about it I decide against it. Not worth the wait and everywhere I shoot other people are around without cans so it’s pointless. Hunting would be nice but unless I get everyone to get cans again pointless. I enjoyed messing around with them here and there but it’s never been worth the headache and it’s really never been worth the money to me.
    Guns International

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Congrats. I hope the wait doesn’t drive you crazy.

Every time I think about it I decide against it. Not worth the wait and everywhere I shoot other people are around without cans so it’s pointless. Hunting would be nice but unless I get everyone to get cans again pointless. I enjoyed messing around with them here and there but it’s never been worth the headache and it’s really never been worth the money to me.

That's pretty much where I am. I'm sure it would be different if I hunted or had my own land to shoot on. The cool factor alone isn't worth the wait, price and hassle for me.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    If you are considering getting a suppressor here is some advice, suggestions and pro/con about that effort.

From the YouTube channel:
    "What are the advantages and disadvantages of running a Silencer? Bill Wilson knows a thing or two about hog hunting. He lists all the benefits that he sees of adding a Wilson Combat Quell or Whisper suppressor. Massad Ayoob offers his opinion of using a suppressor on an AR-15 for home defense. Plus he offers the legal pros and cons."

Love to have one or more myself; just cost, time to acquire, and paperwork hassle. Listen to Massad's comments at end of video about suppressors use in UK.

Attachments

• Suppressors.jpg
      Suppressors.jpg
      218.5 KB · Views: 51

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    If you are considering getting a suppressor here is some advice, suggestions and pro/con about that effort.

From the YouTube channel:
    "What are the advantages and disadvantages of running a Silencer? Bill Wilson knows a thing or two about hog hunting. He lists all the benefits that he sees of adding a Wilson Combat Quell or Whisper suppressor. Massad Ayoob offers his opinion of using a suppressor on an AR-15 for home defense. Plus he offers the legal pros and cons."

Love to have one or more myself; just cost, time to acquire, and paperwork hassle. Listen to Massad's comments at end of video about suppressors use in UK.
    How about just give us the rundown instead of teasing a video...

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Some day in the far distant future we might elect enough 2A advocates in Congress and White House to pass the bill that would take suppressors off the NFA list. Its been introduced in several congressional sessions but never gets out of committee or passes one house and dies in the other.

In the meantime let's enjoy the victories brought upon several states in courts, etc. to reduce gun control laws because of the Bruen decision by SCOTUS.

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    I've been considering but damn they are pricey asf

The longer you wait, the longer the wait for a stamp. If you've been thinking about it for a year, you could already have it.

Check out the Yankee Hill Resonator... they are fairly cost effective. Your gunna have to pay for the stamp no matter the brand. I also recommend a Single shot trust... it's the cheapest part of the process $25.

Lazyfaire

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2021
    New Braunfels
    There are 3 parts to the expense of buying a suppressor. 2 you can control, 1 you cannot
    1- cost of the suppressor itself
    2- $200 for ATF stamp
    3- cost of the transfer fee at your local FFL

You make no mention on what host(s) you want to put one on. Pistol?(.22 cal 9mm?) Rifle? (.223? .308?)
    There are multiple places to buy a suppressor from an LGS and/or online. I use Capitol Armory out of Austin, but to each his own.
    Local FFLs to hold your can while you wait on the stamp to arrive can charge anything from $25 to $100. Do your research and ask that question before you buy one.

The good thing is that you will pay #1 & #2 up front and then you wait. eForm 4s seem to be running 7+ months.

Buy it Pay it Put your FFL phone number in to your contacts. Mark your calendar out 6 months Then forget about it until then.

Good luck

SoThrowedMex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2022
    Houston, TX
    The longer you wait, the longer the wait for a stamp. If you've been thinking about it for a year, you could already have it.

Check out the Yankee Hill Resonator... they are fairly cost effective. Your gunna have to pay for the stamp no matter the brand. I also recommend a Single shot trust... it's the cheapest part of the process $25.
    Wow, I wasn't aware of this. Thanks
    There are 3 parts to the expense of buying a suppressor. 2 you can control, 1 you cannot
    1- cost of the suppressor itself
    2- $200 for ATF stamp
    3- cost of the transfer fee at your local FFL

You make no mention on what host(s) you want to put one on. Pistol?(.22 cal 9mm?) Rifle? (.223? .308?)
    There are multiple places to buy a suppressor from an LGS and/or online. I use Capitol Armory out of Austin, but to each his own.
    Local FFLs to hold your can while you wait on the stamp to arrive can charge anything from $25 to $100. Do your research and ask that question before you buy one.

The good thing is that you will pay #1 & #2 up front and then you wait. eForm 4s seem to be running 7+ months.

Buy it Pay it Put your FFL phone number in to your contacts. Mark your calendar out 6 months Then forget about it until then.

Good luck
    Damn! I don't need one that bad.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas

It's not that bad, and it's hard to go back to shooting unsuppressed. Real hard. Especially with .22lr

Silencer shop makes the process very easy (just not fast). If you're near League City, waymore silencers is a great shop and they'll help you through the process

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2020
    North of Dallas
    I recently went through the process and best advice I can give is to buy as early as possible, start the Form 4, then forget about it. Buy any mounts and accessories you may need in the meantime. Eventually, your FFL will call you with a pleasant surprise and you'll be all ready to go!

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where

Find a local shop that has the Silencer Shop Kiosk. The kiosk makes the process easy. Takes about 20 minutes to do your finger prints & passport photo. If you buy from the local shop with a kiosk they shouldn't charge you a transfer fee.

I recommend a 30cal can, should cover most the calibers you have. The Resonator R2 is about $600, full auto rated & up to 300 win mag/300 RUM rated. Some cans have barrel length/caliber restrictions so make sure you look into that depending on the brand.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom