• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tamlibtoim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2016
    Texas (Bay Area)
    Been contemplating a suppressor for my .22 that would be pretty much a range toy. Mainly want it for the coolness factor (and of course a zombie outbreak LOL). Looking at Silencer Central’s Banish 22. Anybody own a suppressor, is it worth the cost & hassle to own? Thanks
    ARJ Defense ad

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Many threads, here's one to look at waiting for replies....

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    I have a couple and I like the coolness factor. I use one on my bolt gun for hunting and although it's on the upper end of hearing safe it's nice not to blow your eardrums out when taking a shot.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Been contemplating a suppressor for my .22 that would be pretty much a range toy. Mainly want it for the coolness factor (and of course a zombie outbreak LOL). Looking at Silencer Central’s Banish 22. Anybody own a suppressor, is it worth the cost & hassle to own? Thanks
    It's worth it, if you get a multiple caliber type. And set it up in a Trust.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    I've thought about getting a rimfire suppressor but cleaning seems to be a pretty big chore so it's kind of dissuaded me from doing so.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Nice, im getting the Banish 22. Its rated for all 22 caliber and 5.7 x 28
    Who are you purchasing through and are you setting up a trust or individual owner?
    I did individual with my first can (hybrid46) and I’ll do individual again. I’m aware of the trade offs. My first can took 5 months with snail mail so I’m hoping to get similar results my second time. I was going to go with SilencerShop and use a kiosk at a store my friend Eze works at. FYI pm Eze if you’re able to make it to Corsicana. His work has such a kiosk and I hear good things about using it. A co worker has got most of his that way. I will however be using my father in law. He’s an ffl out of Palmer and my price is just better then everywhere. Lol.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I've thought about getting a rimfire suppressor but cleaning seems to be a pretty big chore so it's kind of dissuaded me from doing so.
    Cleaning isn’t terrible at all now. I got to see the ruger one in person. It’s as easy as nadler crapping himself.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Well that's good to hear. For the models I was looking at, it seemed there was either a ridiculous amount of scraping involved or soaking in a chemical that turned into lead acetate, which is quite toxic.

What is your usual cleaning routine?

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Cleaning isn’t terrible at all now. I got to see the ruger one in person. It’s as easy as nadler crapping himself.
    Ease in cleaning depend on material the can is made from. Even though a can can be taking apart for cleaning doesn't mean you have to. More cans getting dipped then taking apart! It's like changing the oil in a vehicle, you don't have to!

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Well that's good to hear. For the models I was looking at, it seemed there was either a ridiculous amount of scraping involved or soaking in a chemical that turned into lead acetate, which is quite toxic.

For my hybrid46 I clean the threads. That’s all I have done to it. Most center fire cans need thousands of rounds before any real build up happens. The ruger rimfire looked easy to clean and wipe off parts. It uses stackable baffles so its really easy. The sparrow I want also looks easy. None stackable but a one part machined baffled core with a sleeve.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    It's like changing the oil in a vehicle, you don't have to!
    head-tilt.gif

Tamlibtoim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2016
    Texas (Bay Area)

That was a deciding factor for me as well, I wanted one that was easy to clean. The banish 22 contains stackable baffles and is made completely out of titanium. Looks super easy to clean and maintain.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rjdearinger2
    Top Bottom