• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    this is an FYI for anyone that hasnt used this stuff.

it is freakin amazing.

i plinked away about 150 rounds the first day after it came in.

after that i decided iw as going to go balls deep and put a scope on the rifle, and practice simulated longdistance shooting. with the low velocity the bullets drop pretty quick after 30 or so feet.

and quiet! ooh my goodness, it is quieter than my bb gun.

very cool and very fun.

going to need a few more bricks of this stuff.

my only beef, is that it is extremely 'dirty' ammo, but thats not a big deal really, as i clean after each session anyway, good buy, and very fun.

i would shoot this in my backyard even if i lived in a snobby austin yuppy subdivision

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I got some of that stuff - fun to shoot and plink in the back yard :)

hell yeah! had a couple of stray grackles at the house this morning.standing right next to each other, i popped on and the otehr didnt even notice, so i was able to get a two-for.

very cool sniping from my 2nd story balcony/deck

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    I've been shooting that stuff for a few years now. I keep a good stock of it. I think I still have about 10 bricks of it left. I gave my daddy some the other day, he likes it for cat hunting. Shooting cats out of the garbage can provides him with hours of pleasure.
    I shoot it through a savage .22. Just make sure you hit your target. If you not sure, check to make sure the bullet aint in the barrel.
    Just so you'll know, they have more power than you think. At about 30', they will go throught the side of a barrel. So dont forget, they might be quiet, but there still bullets.

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    i prefer the SSS ( sniper sub sonic - Aguila) it is a 60 gr bullet for the 22lr, great for a great thwap, and knocking some sense into a little varmint.

o rly?

is very quiet?
    ==========EDIT========
    Schoeneck Howell of Summit Point, WV
    Date posted: 4/19/2009
    I used these with a CMMG .22 conversion in a AR15 with a 16" 1:9 twist chrome lined barrel. Excellent! Fed and cycled with no errors/failures in the 150 rounds fired so far. Very accurate (single ragged hole at 25 yards). Smells a bit funky when fired, but you don't buy ammo for it's fragrance.

----
    jsut saw this post on midway about the ammo but it gave me an idea, what if we made ammo in flavors. so for instance you let off a few rounds and you smell pina colada or something.

"blue coconut" could give a little puff of blue smoke when fired as well as release a coconut aroma see wher eim going with this?
    ;);)

Seabear1500

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Corpus Christi
    I love the Super Colibri ammo. I have a Savage Bolt action rifle with a 3-9X scope on it that is sighted in for up close yard duty. This rifle is the designated Colibri rifle, oh and power, I tested it against a phone book at fairly close range and it penetrated over 600 pages. So yes it is still a bullet. A very quiet one. LOL

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    yep i nailed a murderous feline yesterday morning.

a particular disgruntled barn cat had taken to killing off the new crop of barn kittens. (i was thinking it was opossums or something more sinister)

i had jsut gotten off work after an extremely lousy day, heard the yowling of a defensless kitty and came outside looked over the edge fo the deck and there was the orange murder machine on top of my fav little black cat (michelle O. - we give our barn cats unfavorable names so when they die it isnt so bad) luckily i had a fresh mag of this fine ammo next to the mossberg bolt gun, and was able to send a healthy 20 grain dose of lead into the bastard's brain meats before the little one was very injured. she will be fine by the way. and ont he plus side, ive got some 'yote bait now our in the middle of the freshly cut corn field. ;)

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    yep i nailed a murderous feline yesterday morning.

a particular disgruntled barn cat had taken to killing off the new crop of barn kittens. (i was thinking it was opossums or something more sinister)

i had jsut gotten off work after an extremely lousy day, heard the yowling of a defensless kitty and came outside looked over the edge fo the deck and there was the orange murder machine on top of my fav little black cat (michelle O. - we give our barn cats unfavorable names so when they die it isnt so bad) luckily i had a fresh mag of this fine ammo next to the mossberg bolt gun, and was able to send a healthy 20 grain dose of lead into the bastard's brain meats before the little one was very injured. she will be fine by the way. and ont he plus side, ive got some 'yote bait now our in the middle of the freshly cut corn field. ;)

I'm telling ya, somethings just not right with this boy...lives in a cornfield...playing with guns...killing cats...doesn't invite anyone over to share in the fun...

jake75

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    Hurst, TX
    I just bought a 500 round brick of that a week ago. It's cheap and fun to shoot. I have been shooting it for a couple of years now.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Colibri out of my Cooper M57 takes care of big raccoons rooting around in my trash cans with authority!

JGW
    2910225-thread_necrord.jpg

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Not the worst thread to resurrect. They are fun rounds. Went to academy the other year during a panic and it’s the only ammo they’d let me buy more than three of. It’s a great trainer round for kids.
    They are fun and I use them often, but have had better results with the CCI quiets for accuracy. Not nearly as Quiet as the Colbri though.

Reinz

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 5, 2014
    East TX
    I’ve been using CB 22’s over 30 years for neighborhood safaris. I use the Colibris when I can’t find the CB’s and get similar results.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom