• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jeepinbanditrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Dallas
    STRIKE HARD GEAR SMALL CLIPS/MAGAZINES MOLLE POUCH

Initial fresh out of the box review. This is built as a sort of multipurpose carrier. Each pouch can hold:

4 SKS 10 round stripper clips

2 20 round AR15 magazines

1 20 round AR10 magazine

3 M1 enbloc clips

3 M1 Carbine magazines

I currently have it setup as

Small blowout kit - 2x 20 Round AR magazines - 3 G17 mags with +2 baseplates

I bought this as a grab and go ammo/blowout kit to either grab by itself or to combine with my gethome bag so it's going to live in my vehicle for most of it's life. I was using a Maxpedition type "murse" for this purpose but the majority of the space in the bag wasn't being used so I wanted to go smaller. While looking for SKS stripper clip carriers I stumbled across this and decided to give it a shot for what I wanted to do.

Build quality. Seems pretty good. Material doesn't feel cheap, has decent looking velcro and the stitching is straight and evenly spaced.

Holds the things it claims to hold and even though the website says it can't hold 30 round magazines I found that it can but you can't use the securing flap. I did tuck the flap into the pouch and put two 30 round magazines in it and it worked out fine. With both mags there's decent friction and I don't think it will dump the magazines out unless you're hanging upside down. Even with one 30 round magazine in it, it seems to hold it very pretty good as well.

It has permanently attached MOLLE attachment straps on the back but since i don't plan on using it like this I think I'm going to cut them off to reduce bulk and snagging. There is a shoulder strap with basic metal snap hooks. The connection point on the carrier side is two key rings placed though the MOLLE webbing.

The only thing I've found I don't like about it just out of the box is the strap is very thin. Just simple 1" webbing which works for how light this little bandolier is but I'd like it a little thicker or maybe with a tiny bit of padding. I may break out some of my own webbing and make my own replacement strap. It's also a bit on the short side. I have to have it adjusted all the way out to be able to have it low enough to easily draw mags from it.

SMALL_MAG_CARRIER_jpg-1283103.jpg

SMALL_MAG_CARRIER_OPEN_jpg-1283105.jpg
    Target Sports

Attachments

• SMALL_MAG_CARRIER_jpg-1283103.jpg
      SMALL_MAG_CARRIER_jpg-1283103.jpg
      87.4 KB · Views: 12,402
    • SMALL_MAG_CARRIER_OPEN_jpg-1283105.jpg
      SMALL_MAG_CARRIER_OPEN_jpg-1283105.jpg
      110.8 KB · Views: 12,215
    Top Bottom