Join TexasGunTalk

Strange Things Found While Afield Hunting or Fishing

Discussion in 'Texas Hunting & Fishing' started by Glenn B, Feb 19, 2020.

1. vmax

vmax TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Apr 15, 2013
    They told me they prefer "Bigfoots"

Dad_Roman, TxStetson and skfullen like this.
  2. vmax

vmax TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Apr 15, 2013
    Duh...They did.
    They said they stole it and drove it out there

Dad_Roman, BRD@66 and digger like this.
  3. digger

digger Curmudgeon TGT Supporter

May 9, 2009
    West Texas
    You really jogged my memory....a part of older Abilene was developed on a single farm. Lots were sold and improved around the perimeter leaving a large core not usable and remained that way for years...the interesting part there was a complete RR Caboose in good shape that had to have been hauled in during the 20s-30s in that left over area. Great for the kids but imagine moving that at least 2miles from the closest RR back in those days.
    Ultimately it went away but I had grown and gone by then.
    The Bigfoots drove their school bus...so this is even a better story!

4. Vaquero

Vaquero Pre-ban

Apr 4, 2011
    Out West
    Now and then, I find an arrow head while strolling around.
    Really not that odd, I guess. It just makes me stop and ponder for a while. What was life really like back then? What brave made it? Was it used in anger? Was it used for sport? Or for food? I rub some of the dirt off and imagine the thing being driven deep into my body. Ouch.

5. Glenn B

Glenn B Well-Known TGT Supporter

Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana Area
    I must admit, that was a pretty sorry post, feel bad for the bigfoots (bigfeet) living in an abandoned school bus in, of all places, the woods when I am sure they would have preferred being in the burbs.

6. skfullen

skfullen In the woods... TGT Supporter

Those BIGFEET will be voting for Bernie.
    He will give them healthcare and good, clean, green jobs!

7. gdr_11

gdr_11 Active Member

Aug 1, 2014
    When I was a kid in Northern California I used to find arrow heads too but the tribes there were mainly hunters and gatherers and, with the exception of the Modocs, were pretty tame.

My people were Yaquis from the Tucson area and were driven out when the Apaches moved in during the early 1800’s. Now, the Apaches..... those were Indians!

BMF500, satx78247 and Southpaw like this.
  8. leVieux

leVieux Old Guy "Have Gun; Won't Travel !"

Mar 28, 2013
    Saint Martinville, LA
    My Son & I found a deer blind, home-made feeder, and a bunch of posted signs all over. On MY property, property which had been in my Family for some 90 years.

Many years ago, far offshore on the Gulf, we watched a parachute float down, went to check it out and it was gone, no trace.

leVieux

Southpaw likes this.
  9. Mark L. Milstein

Mark L. Milstein New Member

Sep 12, 2017
    Spring, Texas
    While surf-fishing for striped bass and bluefish off Plum Beach in Brooklyn, NY I saw what appeared to be a sputnik coming in on the morning tide. It was at sunise, and it was some distance out. As it ultimately made it to shore I could see that it was actually a large Holstein cow, with 3 legs straight up in the air... one leg had somehow disappeared.
    Very odd, indeed. It's likely that it came down the Hudson River from Upstate, from dairy county in the Catskill region.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
    BMF500, Southpaw and TreyG-20 like this.
  10. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Welcome to the Forum!

Southpaw and satx78247 like this.