• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    anyone else enjoying this storm?

i'm working tonight @ days inn in new braunfels.

this storm has been going steady all night, had a few moments where it got nice and heavy.

spent alot of time out under the car port / awning/ overhang deal out front with coffee.

been a great night.
    Gun Zone Deals

swsmailman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    East Texas
    I got woke up by one of the loudest cracks of thunder I have heard in a while, I was literally out of my bed is less than a second. Then the power went off a minute later, so yea, I got dressed and walked onto my porch and sat there watching the storm until the power came back on.

Don't know what it is but living in the city, anytime there is a nice storm I like to be on my porch watching it, not inside watching the local news interrupt the shows.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    I hope it stops soon. Friends are getting evacuated in seguin. I'm racing in the water safari saturday. I can't make the postponement date if the push it back!

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    yeah. funny story, soon after starting this thread i got off work. (around 7am) and was fortunate (i thought at the time) enough to get a ride home from a freind.
    still rainign cats and dogs... welp, if anyone knows NB, the underpass by the post office is where it happened. vash kindof sortof misjudged a 'puddle' it really didnt look deep, and when we realized it was deep the only thing we could do was floor it and try to ford. welp... i ended up having to jump out into knee deep water at the bottom of this dip and begin pushingthe car up, as it had gone kaputt. literally dead int he water. i got it up the side of the hill, and i noticed that as i went uphillt he water should be getting lower, as in not knee deep... well when i got to the top, the water was still knee deep. we got the car off to the side of the road, and up under the carport of that tire shop across from sonic. i look behind me and see that the water is about 6 inches fromt he bottom of the train tracks. that underpass has nearly 15 feet of clearance.

car is still not starting up. hopefully it will dry out and work.

after the rain slowed up i decided our best COA would be to move on on foot, having stowed our ride with the consent of the buisiness owner who showed up long enough to decide he was going back home.

we where heading down landa street on the other side of the square and there is another underpass, that leads onto a small bridge, right before the main wurstfest entrance.

remeber that weird little squar pond thing next to the ticket stands? it was a raging torrent of waterspilling out twoard the river, the ticket booths where nowhere to be seen

spoke with a fire dept fellow, and he informed us that hinman island was now hinman lake. and landa park was more of a bayou.

epic...

oh and the whole time we are drenched ofcourse lol. and even better i am weraing khakis and a tie!
    worst part besides the car? both of our phones where drowned.
    lucikly they wher ethe only three casualties in our party.

thank god for that.

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Update - Newspaper jsut arrived a few minutes ago, apparently, though lots of damage, and an entire riverside RV park lost - only 1 fatality reported for New Braunfels.

dont have a quarter so thats all i know for now.

drabfour

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Tyler
    Lots of flooded or washed away roads. Would post a few pics but says file is to large. Maybe when I have time I will resize them.

drabfour

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Tyler
    storm4..jpg storm1..jpg strom3..jpg storm2..jpg storm6..jpg storm5..jpg

Top Bottom