• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Of all the gear to go go missing, a dozen rifles are missing and no base is locked down? I’ve heard horror stories for a single rifle gone. Something smells fishy.

I bet the other 107 cases had some goodies in them as well.

There should be hell to pay at an armory somewhere…but in today’s military, they’ll probably put on a drag show, change some pronouns and call it a day.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    So where does the military, nowadays, send bad boys and girls who either negligently lose or more likely steal and then lose M16s!

I have to wonder if this would have been the one time for me to have kept my mouth shut (as in sealed, zippered, closed, silent, lips sewn together) had I found them.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Come on man you know I got blonde leg hair that the black lady stocking groceries doesn't work for you mean dude. Why Why Why you getting so nervous? I told Jill 12 m-16 or the balcony if the republican governors sends Mexicans to our house, she like tacos.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Shit like this happens WAAAAY more than anyone involved would like to admit. There is a small industry built around it.
    It happens with fouled up paper work.
    Knew a supply Sgt. years ago that would get stuff by mistake. Just got saved for trade fodder for shortages. If there was an inspection, he would load all extras on trucks and drive them around post until it was over or just sell the stuff off post. Having too much was as bad as too little.
    A shipment, say 4 1911s, goes missing in shipment and winds up at Ft Hood. A company armorer somehow winds up with it with no identifying paperwork. 4 pistols that he is not accountable for and will get in trouble for if found in his arms room. If a supeeior beyond question isn't there when they first arive, they do not want to be caught with guns with no paper trail. So they quietly go poof and disappear. Trust me, it DOES happen. More often than anyone would like to admit.
    Dispite all the paperwork the military likes to have to track who has what, shit gets lost all the time. And paperwork can be faked. It's amazing what the military looses.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I would never advocate for anyone breaking the law but they probably got a lot of shit confiscated that didnt have to be.

No oneThe ATF has any personal integrity.

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    DRMO regularly sells stuff off that should not be sold - let alone exported - yet the stories quickly disappear while there is no news of consequences. What is the point of putting game systems on the "do not export list" for fear of them being misused by foreign powers when we let real systems be sold off like the case with the M-16s?

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    So they voluntarily surrendered the contraband, and got rewarded with having their storage ransacked.

Lesson learned.

shmil-s-half-life.gif

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I saw the title and thought of this, a seemingly clueless guy who buys a storage unit and finds 2 Rem 700s, 1 Win M70, 1 FAL, at least one AR, 2 Garands, some lever guns, and a ton of ammo.

BTW - I call shenanigans. There's no way this is real but it was kinda funny to watch.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I saw the title and thought of this, a seemingly clueless guy who buys a storage unit and finds 2 Rem 700s, 1 Win M70, 1 FAL, at least one AR, 2 Garands, some lever guns, and a ton of ammo.

BTW - I call shenanigans. There's no way this is real but it was kinda funny to watch.

I don't think its so far fetched. When we cleaned out my in-laws storage unit before moving down here and selling my MIL's house - there were half a dozen firearms stacked up in there. 03A3 Springfield, and an Arisaka that was completely in-tact, no duffel cut, no defacing of the 'mum, plus others that weren't nearly so interesting.

My dad's done the storage unit flipping thing and found shotguns and .22's in them before, and the other stuff people leave in units - expensive, valuable stuff, is pretty nuts. Makes you wonder WTF people don't go sell a couple things in a unit to keep the bill current if they're on hard times, or move the stuff elsewhere. We've pulled a couple grand out of units in high quality hand tools (MAC, Matco, Snap On, old school US made Craftsman stuff) in the last couple years.

Top Bottom