Hurley's Gold

Storage sheds? Do you utilize them for emergency supplies?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tbran6

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2022
    Dallas
    I know people use storage sheds for storing tools, landscaping equipment, etc. But for me I keep most of my tools in the main garage, and I like having easy access to my tools when I'm maintaining my cars (socket sets, various oils/lubricants, wrenches, air compressor, etc).

I don't have much landscaping equipment except maybe a hand held branch cutter (no mower, or edger) because I hire out for a landscaping every 2 weeks.

So basically my storage shed has remained largely empty except recently I started storing emergency supplies in it (water, dried food, medical supplies, etc). Now it's not some janky $500 tuff shed from Home Depot. It's a legit shed with a real concrete foundation, and it actually has integrated power outlets. Judging the space I feel like I could store months of dried food and medical supplies in there.

Has anyone used their storage shed for emergency supplies? Should I put in a small AC in there to keep temperatures under 80f? What have other people done?

View attachment 344428
    looks nice.
    Target Sports

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Im personally using 20' shipping containers. With the price of sheds and what not, a shipping container is a good option.

One holds gain, feed and hay. The other one is mainly tools related
    Cover the top middle ortion with roofing and havecoveredparkingfor tractors mowers and related equipment

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Emergency food & water goes in the house. We have a shed - its not air tight. Every time I have to into it, I half expect to find snakes, rodents, spiders, or the Chupacabra hiding in it. Its one of those Rubbermaid sheds that snaps & bolts together. I'm not a huge fan of it - but it came with the property. Eventually my plan is to empty it out and move it, and make it my well house. Cut a hole in the floor to accomodate the tank & slab after it gets redone. Shed came plumbed for power, so I'll get that hooked up and either put a small heater or something like a 100 watt light bulb in it to run on the cold nights to keep the temp above freezing.

Wouldn't mind having a large shop building to move stuff into - but I don't think that's going to happen. I've got the wifey more or less convinced to sell this place in a few years and move toward central Texas to get away from the urban sprawl happening to our little town. We're going to stick it out here till the boy graduates high school, then it'll be time to bounce, so we'll have to figure out if building a shop will increase the value of the place enough to get that investment back or not. Same reason I've been slow about getting a pond built.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Emergency food & water goes in the house. We have a shed - its not air tight. Every time I have to into it, I half expect to find snakes, rodents, spiders, or the Chupacabra hiding in it. Its one of those Rubbermaid sheds that snaps & bolts together. I'm not a huge fan of it - but it came with the property. Eventually my plan is to empty it out and move it, and make it my well house. Cut a hole in the floor to accomodate the tank & slab after it gets redone. Shed came plumbed for power, so I'll get that hooked up and either put a small heater or something like a 100 watt light bulb in it to run on the cold nights to keep the temp above freezing.

Wouldn't mind having a large shop building to move stuff into - but I don't think that's going to happen. I've got the wifey more or less convinced to sell this place in a few years and move toward central Texas to get away from the urban sprawl happening to our little town. We're going to stick it out here till the boy graduates high school, then it'll be time to bounce, so we'll have to figure out if building a shop will increase the value of the place enough to get that investment back or not. Same reason I've been slow about getting a pond built.
    So when you first came around asking about Magnolia & I mentioned infrastructure problems in the future did you think I was just phuc'N with you? I won't mention the chicks I know that are teachers out there, but the boy should have no problems scoring good hydro. I guess he'll have to work the renfest for that kind of local money to earn.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    So when you first came around asking about Magnolia & I mentioned infrastructure problems in the future did you think I was just phuc'N with you? I won't mention the chicks I know that are teachers out there, but the boy should have no problems scoring good hydro. I guess he'll have to work the renfest for that kind of local money to earn.

I remember - it was still the best option of the areas we were looking at, despite the coming sprawl. Didn't think that good ol' Charlie Riley would hit the gas and rubber stamp expansion of the area by multitudes so fast tho. I most certainly learned anyone with that name - Charles / Charlie / Chuck Riley is a turd.

In Oregon, we had a good GOP state senator that was edged out by a Charles "Chuck" Riley who was a gun-grabbing idiot. I met that one in person, "entitled" doesn't begin to describe him. Only person I have met that actually likes the man rides his nuts like its one of his job duties - naturally that guy works for Montgomery County in the precinct Riley oversees.

Top Bottom