• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bjl95mustang

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin, Texas
    Springfield XDS .45 3.3 Bitone. Had the green fiber optic in the front sight with all black inside the waistband holster from bear creek.

S/N XS554562

Went to Sea World San Antonio parked. Locked it up in the safe mounted in my truck console.
    Came out and truck honked when I unlocked it which means the alarm had been going off.
    Wife saw the consoleme in her seat and new something was up. Opened the console and saw the safe missing.

Found the drivers door handle cylinder rotated and no damage to the door. They had to spend some time in there to get the safe out. When I installed it I took the console apart and used wire cable and crimps to secure it to the seat track with no slack. With how they popped the door lock this didn’t look like smash and grab kids.

San Antonio police took the report and it was added I email the detective the serial number today to add to the data base.

I’m mad because I’ve been so diligent to secure it. Sa police said was the second or 3rd reported break in on Sunday.
    ARJ Defense ad

bjl95mustang

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin, Texas
    No clue. They could have gone for the $50 dash cam and found the safe.

I probably wouldn’t have even noticed the dash cam missing if we hadn’t noticed the safe missing. I wonder how many people have their cars gone through and don’t even realize it till later.

My truck is new but nothing fancy. It is bright blue tho. I don’t know if it stuck out or not to them.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Possible you were observed putting something in the safe mounted in the console? But given the location, the thieves probably knew that they had ample time to break in and get the goods from your truck.

Car alarms going off today, hardly even raise concern anymore.

Hopefully it will turn up soon.

mnpshooter

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2020
    Centex
    This is precisely why If you have a carry license you should be able to carry EVERYWHERE. License holders are not the problem and statically have a lower crime rate than officers. I always cringe when I have to leave my weapon in my truck even though it is locked in a safe that’s hidden. I hope you get your pistol back brother.

bjl95mustang

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin, Texas
    This is precisely why If you have a carry license you should be able to carry EVERYWHERE. License holders are not the problem and statically have a lower crime rate than officers. I always cringe when I have to leave my weapon in my truck even though it is locked in a safe that’s hidden. I hope you get your pistol back brother.

That’s exactly what I told my wife. I’m not a fan of driving from Austin to San Antonio these days without somethings on me.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Sorry to hear it, but this is exactly the reason why I secure my firearm before stopping at a location where I cannot carry it.

Thieves are very aware of the circumstances and look for the obvious indicators of a person storing a weapon in their vehicle.

As stated, being it was SeaWorld, they knew you weren't likely to come back for some time. Same at Six Flags.

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    Yes, it is funny how businesses virtue signal with 30.07 and 30.06 signs (Half Price Books I am talking about you and others) yet do not think about the risks they are creating. As majormadmax said, the criminals are watching and businesses create the opportunities for firearm thefts when there is little or no security benefit to banning firearms in their businesses.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    Battery powered power tools can make short work of anything now days. They don't have to worry about doing it right and not making a mess either. Just the fastest way to cut in there or cut it out of there.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Yes, it is funny how businesses virtue signal with 30.07 and 30.06 signs (Half Price Books I am talking about you and others) yet do not think about the risks they are creating. As majormadmax said, the criminals are watching and businesses create the opportunities for firearm thefts when there is little or no security benefit to banning firearms in their businesses.

A lot of times those decisions are made at the corporate level. For the most part, I seriously doubt "virtue signalling" has any thing to do with those decisions to post signs prohibiting the carrying of firearms.

Corporations make decisions like this based upon legalities, and profits. Sometimes if a corporation operates in several states, and one of those states has very restrictive gun laws, they adopt a corporate policy that sometimes the prohibit the carrying of firearms in all locations. If the group making policies thinks that the carrying of firearms by some customers would make other customers "uncomfortable" they many times make that a policy so as not to "disrupt" the flow of revenue. Sometimes, they only prohibit the open carrying of firearms.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Another reason for an obdII driven camera system. The minute you open my truck door, I get an alert and it starts recording. Video is fed to the cloud over cellular/LTE. Yes I pay a subscription for the service but as obvious in your case, no one pays any attention to car alarms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Do you have a link? My Hyundai will alert me via their Bluelink if the alarm goes off but my F250 won't. Might be worth installing.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I'd venture a guess that many times thieves just sit in parking lots watching people. That the vehicles they target are based on what they perceive to be a possible target of what they think they might find in the vehicle.

An amusement park is good place to hit a target vehicle. Usually the owner of the vehicle is going to be away for a number of hours, and many never return to their vehicle until the end of the day when they get ready to leave the park.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Robert Harrell
    Top Bottom